Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I'd give a report
Been in these for 2500 miles and they work great for everything but really technical tight turns. They work great for street and fast sweeps or good turns but.
Ran the Devil with them this weekend and they would drop in but if you needed to tighten up your turn (there's a lot of turns on this route like that) they tend to be lazy or not prone to accept an input without a bit more bar pressure.
So it's back to the T31 or T32's for me.
The Metzlers did great for everything else tar snakes, loose gravel hard stops. But cornering left me short in confidence. So they're off and up for sale.
Mo

·
Play, it makes life fun
2,161 Posts
Why don't you wear them out commuting? That T31 on my bike was not good on those hot tar snakes at all. I can say it felt solid in the rain today though at speed! Just the snakes were bad otherwise I really like the T31 so far.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
8,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Really that bad? Hmm what pressure did we have it at? Steven said the return run back to springer on the north bound side was really bad with the tar snakes. But it didn't bother him that much. Moved around some but not scary.
I would but even commuting I goof around and having that extra edge is nice. Plus with the spars, the roller coaster and mingus so close the chances are very good I'll want the extra control. Especially considering I know I'll be playing long before I get them worn out. Considering I usually get over 15,000 on a rear tire and twice that up front.
And the confidence was that poor in the twisties.

·
Play, it makes life fun
2,161 Posts
I would but even commuting I goof around and having that extra edge is nice. Plus with the spars, the roller coaster and mingus so close the chances are very good I'll want the extra control. Especially considering I know I'll be playing long before I get them worn out. Considering I usually get over 15,000 on a rear tire and twice that up front.
And the confidence was that poor in the twisties.
All good reasons.

LeighB,. He told me his miles per tire and I just couldn’t believe it. Amazing!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
8,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Can only attribute it to the roads out here. That probably along with most of my miles being commuter miles. 1/2 of that highway or motorways as you call them there. Speeds are 65 to 75 mph and no stops except for 1 on the inbound to work is 32 miles. The return to home is 22 miles and 1/2 that is again highway 75 mph. Then 50 to 55 on surface street I've driven so much I hate my speed and generally catch all the lights green.
So stop and go is not much. I will typically table top the rear long before I take out the sides. So that is probably why I get so may miles.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts