Honda CBR XX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Should be fine in my opinion. The Z8 is rated as a "Touring" tyre by Metzeler and the M7rr's are rated as a "Sport".
To my mind the sport tyre is going to have better grip levels than the touring so should really out perform rear.
Having confidence in the front end is one of the most important things to me pushing round a corner.

·
Registered
2000 titanium
20 Posts
Woodwizard, I always run sport tires on my bird and recently went thru a set of m7rr's. Rear lasted about 8K until the rubber got too thin// front could have gone longer. I ride a lot of two up with the misses and heavy load on twisty roads. The m7rr front never gave me any reason to even think I was running out of grip. Rain, sun, snow( yes got caught a few times) even down to 28 degrees F. Slick roads no problem. currently swapped out to a set of m9rr's and they are holding up even better than the 7's so far.

For what it's worth.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Yeah, I do the same except I've been running Michelins, mainly a Pilot Power/PP2ct front with a Pilot Road 1/2/3 rear for years for a couple of reasons.
1) The front steers quicker with the PP front due to a more aggressive profile.
2) The PP front gives a better grip than the PR when riding hard.
3) The wear rates are closer to being even rather than going through 2 rears to a front with a Road front. The rears usually only last ~10k km's and the PP fronts about 11k whereas the PR fronts would last around 15k so I'd either chuck them away with 1/2 their life still on them or more usually swap them when the rears were half gone so 2 trips to the tyre shop :rolleyes:
I got a new Michelin Power 5 on the front about a month ago but haven't done many km's on it yet apart from a couple of short trips pottering about with the Mrs on the back so no real test on how they perform :unsure:

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Woodwizard, I always run sport tires on my bird and recently went thru a set of m7rr's. Rear lasted about 8K until the rubber got too thin// front could have gone longer. I ride a lot of two up with the misses and heavy load on twisty roads. The m7rr front never gave me any reason to even think I was running out of grip. Rain, sun, snow( yes got caught a few times) even down to 28 degrees F. Slick roads no problem. currently swapped out to a set of m9rr's and they are holding up even better than the 7's so far.

For what it's worth.
What pressure did you run in the m7rr?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts