Honda CBR XX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought some Honda panniers and rack for my bird off an auction sites but the small reinforcement brackets are missing.is it safe to mount them without these. The seller says they are not still on his bike and he used them ok.

·
Resident Eh?hole.
17,177 Posts
I believe he's referring to these ones:

Machine Technology Auto part Vehicle

Automotive wheel system Wheel

They serve to reinforce the subframe where the front of the upper stay mounts to prevent torquing when the bags are loaded. I would try David Silver Spares to see if they could supply a set.

·
Resident Eh?hole.
17,177 Posts
As I said, try emailing the folks at DSS. They are very good to deal with and have lots more stuff than their website shows.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
FWIW, I checked with DSS and they only sell the whole install kit (or as they call it "fittings"). The price for this install kt shipped to US is approx $365. That is a bit much just to get the four pieces for the frame supports. So can anyone fabricate some of these frame brackets? I have a lead on some panniers, but they too are missing the frame brackets. Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well have tried dss and ebay etc to no avail. Are these small plates really necessary or is it belt and braces from Honda. I dont carry a pillion when luggaged up so how much frame flex would there be? Any ideas? Also here's a thought do givi panniers come with subframe reinforcement plates cos they are quite bulky/heavy. If not then why do Honda panniers need them? Anyone got any ideas.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts