Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I did something stupid and ran my bike out of oil. I know.... rookie movie. Now I'm stuck with a bike I never want to give up that needs to be fixed. I have every intention of fixing it so I am currently exploring my options. I bought a 2000 engine thinking it would work but didn't realize that it wasn't carbed. If you know where I can get a motor that would be awesome! Maybe we swap my 2000 motor for your 1997 motor? If you have any other advice to offer it would also be greatly appreciated

thanks!

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
So I did something stupid and ran my bike out of oil. I know.... rookie movie. Now I'm stuck with a bike I never want to give up that needs to be fixed. I have every intention of fixing it so I am currently exploring my options. I bought a 2000 engine thinking it would work but didn't realize that it wasn't carbed. If you know where I can get a motor that would be awesome! Maybe we swap my 2000 motor for your 1997 motor? If you have any other advice to offer it would also be greatly appreciated

thanks!
Cotto, where are you?

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Unfortunately cams are probably the first items that would have suffered with oil starvation I would suspect, but you have nothing to lose by looking

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am in Austin texas. I am willing to get an engine from just about anywhere at this point.

I am going to get this engine opened up and possible repaired if all else fails

·
Super Moderator
8,149 Posts
The one i posted is in Pennsylvania

1 - 7 of 7 Posts