Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day
On my 98 bird , the low fuel light stopped working, first thing i did was to check all the fuses , was ok ,then i removed the tank , took the float out and plugged it in to check the operation , worked fine except the light don't come on .
I took the dashboard out and checked the bulb , seemed ok .
Where to from here ??? any suggestions would be appreciated
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
8,157 Posts
There is a testing proceedure in the manual. It checks the circuit and the bulb. Then let's you know which is bad by elimination. There's a copy in the resources center.

Reactions: Blackbird Rud

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Since im in dark africa , cant just order parts , thought i could by some means just reset something
Thanks anyway

·
Registered
613 Posts
Since im in dark africa , cant just order parts , thought i could by some means just reset something
Thanks anyway
Just push this button to reset everything. Its under the seat.

Seriously, as beestoys says, follow the manual, its on this site somewhere, and test away. You will need a basic toolkit and a multimeter. As others have stated, I believe the fuel level and low fuel warning are 2 separate devices.

Attachments

·
Registered
377 Posts
Thanks anyway
Loadshedding is a bitch :D

I see you found the thread. The thermistor fails. A bit of fiddling and a replacement can be soldered in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts