Honda CBR XX Forum banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
7,844 Posts
Very
I see that now. When I went in the first time it wouldn't give me the rest of the rack.

Sission
There's your fix. It's list price by the time you get bags it's gonna sting but the systems about the best out there.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I know I'm probably being needy at this point but can you tell me exactly which pieces I'd need from that site? It looks like I would need the n140 or 141 (looks like one just comes with taillights and one doesn't?) and then a top plate set to mount? What specific one or are they all compatible? Also - are the n150 and 151 for the XX? Oddly they're substantially cheaper although they look essentially the same.

·
Registered
7,844 Posts
You'll need the Y158 side case kit and the N140 rack assembly which is the aluminum rack assembly that mounts the side cases and top case. The Y158 is the steel tubing attachment brackets that set the wingrack aluminum plate assembly to the bike.

·
Registered
7,844 Posts
To add to the last. If your not in rush to put something together. Just keep watching here and the other boards. The bag system shows up in occasion.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've got a GIVI Wingrack mounting system that I'd probably be willing to part with. I live in Calgary Alberta Canada, shipping might be a bit much though...

·
Play, it makes life fun
1,820 Posts

·
Play, it makes life fun
1,820 Posts

·
Registered
7,844 Posts
Another shipping option is greyhound bus lines. Sent my sons bags and rack from MI to VA for 90.00. The rack will break down and fit inside one case alone. Then you can put the mounting kit in another lock them up and mail out the key to the final destination. Took 4 days to get there.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Okay so if I buy the wingrack and the mounting hardware (n141 + Y158) do I still need to also buy a top plate? Are all the givi top plates compatible as well? I'm also guessing the Y158/n141 are compatible with all Givi hardcase sets? Thanks again guys!

Also - would love to buy it off you Alberta but also guessing it will be costly to transport haha.

·
Play, it makes life fun
1,820 Posts
Have you PM'D mattgar about that complete setup or were they sold already?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Have you PM'D mattgar about that complete setup or were they sold already?

I PM-ed but unless I'm reading that wrong it looks like it was posted a little over a year ago haha

·
Play, it makes life fun
1,820 Posts
I PM-ed but unless I'm reading that wrong it looks like it was posted a little over a year ago haha
Oh, sorry.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Sisson if you give me your zip code I can throw it into a box Tuesday or Wednesday and see what it would cost for you, regards, Al.

·
Registered
7,844 Posts
Alberta
Just out of curiosity is there a greyhound terminal near you. Just sent the whole works to my boy from MI to VA for 90.00. Also the rack can break down to the side aluminium side racks in one case and then steel mount brackets into another case.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Cheers all...... I think I've seen a couple of posts wanting to sell Givi Wing Racks on this forum....... maybe look in the classifieds or scour the forum titles...... i have the Givi Wing rack kit for my 05BB and it is great...... light and strong but compared to other designs it is quite bulky....... they should be cheap as chips to buy used. The tube style racks are much slimmer but just as strong.... they probably have a PL# part number. Be prepared for a wide load with cases on..... my E41's on the Wing Rack are 1.1m wiiide but no issue on tour..... in traffic, no lane splitting :eyebrows:......

21 - 40 of 47 Posts