Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I'm hoping to get some bags + the mounting gear. I've been googling my ass off but really have a hard time figuring out what is compatible with the XX. If anyone has any for sale or could point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it. Hoping for budget-esque options but know that I'm limited in options. Living here in Phoenix AZ. Thanks in advance!

Mike

·
Registered
7,843 Posts
Sissons wing racks the best way to go. Gives the option of top and sides or any combo there of. There is also the monkey rack but be mindful if you like to set up and let go of the bars. Some have noticed a minor head shake. It's only when you release the bars and decel where I noticed it on my BB. SW ktech makes side rack setup but the top rack used to be an alumrack. But it's no longer made I think. If you want to see the wingback setup I run and the alumrack so you'll know what to look for I'm over in Surprise AZ. If you check in the gear for sale section there's a motech setup (side bags) for sale by blargle I believe.

·
Play, it makes life fun
1,820 Posts
Look at twistedthrottle.com or Revzilla.com. I have the SWMotech 1/4 turn mounts on two bikes. I like them. You can hang any GIVI bag on it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@XXGUY Thanks for the response! I tried looking for the SW Motech 1/4 turn mounts and I'm getting a variety of them pop up, are only specific sets compatible with the XX?
@beestoys Thanks for the response! I PMed bargle to see if he still has em and if they'll work. Tried looking into the wingrack and had some difficulty finding wear to buy one.

·
Registered
7,843 Posts
Sission
you'll have to acquire one used they are no longer made. They are a bit bulky but once you have them set it's a 6 bolt removal with a towel to protect the body work. They are by far the stablest hard rack assembly in my opinion. For what that's worth

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sission
you'll have to acquire one used they are no longer made. They are a bit bulky but once you have them set it's a 6 bolt removal with a towel to protect the body work. They are by far the stablest hard rack assembly in my opinion. For what that's worth
Sounds like what I would prefer! I'll keep searching for one. Does this work as one assembly for both a top bag and saddle bags?

Mike

·
Registered
7,843 Posts
Yes and it's very indestructible. You can pretty nearly lift the bike with it on. If you want you can make a trip up this way and I'll show you how to mount it and what it's like storage wise first hand.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sounds great Bees I'd appreciate it, now I just gotta find one! Haha. Ebay/craigslist/offerup isn't turning anything up yet. I'm assuming you have to find one specific for the XX.

·
Registered
7,843 Posts
It's the best yes lower brackets and the crossover will be specific to the bird. Check the for sale section here on this board and the blackbird sights on Facebook as well.

·
Registered
7,843 Posts
Verg
That kit gets the cross bar and lower mounts. He'll need to get the rest of the aluminum parts N140 which is no longer made.

·
Play, it makes life fun
1,820 Posts

·
Play, it makes life fun
1,820 Posts

·
Registered
7,843 Posts
XX
I've used the motech stuff and it's great stuff. Only issue may be the top mount, I don't think it's available anymore.

Be careful that second choice is the one that created the head shake on my youngest's BB. I've read others having the same reaction in some cases.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
XX
I've used the motech stuff and it's great stuff. Only issue may be the top mount, I don't think it's available anymore.

Be careful that second choice is the one that created the head shake on my youngest's BB. I've read others having the same reaction in some cases.
https://www.cli-maxridinggear.com/givi-additional-hardware-mounting-plates-and-wingracks/

Does this not include everything? Looks like you can select the N140 but is there still pieces missing?

·
Play, it makes life fun
1,820 Posts
XX

I think you may be right. I was looking for that piece and haven't seen it yet.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,843 Posts
No the kits just the cross bar and lower mounts that attach to the foot pegs. The main aluminum rack is no longer made. You'll have to source a used one. The link is there but goes to an unavailable listing.

·
Registered
7,843 Posts
Another option may be to use the alumrack from motech that's made for the bandit 1200. The advantage if it's still there is it allows you to keep the grab bar in place.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts