Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1999 CBR 1100XX with less than 7k, I am the third owner, have own it for the last past 3-4 years. always an issue with the F1 light. Here recently with the bike just idling for about 5-10 minutes, it shut off as if the engine kill switch was actuated. Since then it turns over and will not start. So far I have checked out everything according to the manual and I have went beyond that. The latest checks revealed fuel getting to the injectors but was not going any further. I checked power to the injectors( all is well) along with spec fuel pressure. There is no more the issue with the F1 light coding after it last cleared. The crank sensor and all electrical components have checked out good, I even did a continuity check from the injector(s) ground back to the ECM, it is good. I have come to the conclusion after running as long as it have with the F1 light intermitting, it has finally shut the ECM ground for the injectors down. 99-2000 is the only available ECM for that model, if one is found, it is a used one. I would rather go aftermarket ECM/ECU/Computer because of the ability to adjust accordingly, has anyone found or used an aftermarket ECM/ECU/Computer that they have successfully integrated into their existing factory wiring of the 99-2000 Honda CBR1100XX with success?

·
Registered
666 Posts
Have you done the loom fix.? There is a junction block buried in the loom, it corrodes and causes intermittent/permanent electrical maladies.
Also, what is your running battery voltage when this happens?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you done the loom fix.? There is a junction block buried in the loom, it corrodes and causes intermittent/permanent electrical maladies.
Also, what is your running battery voltage when this happens?
Yes, I have done the repair a year or so ago. I just checked it again all is as I left it on the last repair.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did a 100% complete electrical component check using my Haynes Service & Repair Manual, covering ignition switch, coils, injectors, diodes, neutral switch, side stand switch, clutch switch, replace fuel pump because of debri in tank, fully charged battery, check all fuses, fuel cut off relay, engine stop relay, Bank angle sensor, ignition pulse generator coil, alternator, checked fuel pressure, starter switch, continuity of wires going back to the ECM, main ground, knock sensor. I am getting fuel to the injectors, removed injectors on several ocassions there is fuel at the head of the injectors, but dry at the end of the injectors. All injectors has been checked out, and are good. The injectors are not getting a ground signal from the ECM to open, as I am turning the cranking the engine, I am spraying starter fluid through the cowling intake, the engine hits. I have called the local Honda dealer and I am told they have no means of checking the ECM. I was referred to another shop who has yet to contact me back. I know of anyone else who has a 1999-2000 CBR BB that I could have them to try my ECM in their bike to check it out.

·
Super Moderator
8,375 Posts
Where are you located. I have a test engine here in AZ I can fire it on for you.

·
Super Moderator
8,375 Posts
If he's not HISS'd yes he can if he can get a 38770-MAT-A21 for sure it's the one I'm running in my 2K now. He'll have to change out the FI indicator bulb to an LED. He can just remove the bulb until he does so that he doesn't hurt the driver in the ECM.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts