Honda CBR XX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Carrillo's on the market seem so expensive. I am currently looking at these Crower rods but I figured I would see if anybody was selling a decent set of forged rods (maybe low mileage pistons too) so I can start gathering parts to start the turbo game. Initial goal is only about 200-225 rwhp but we all know how that progresses.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
You don't need them but if you insist, Crower makes a good rod.
I'd prefer a custom set of rods and pistons from CP-Carillo.
I'd opt for 2mm shorter rods with custom pistons to match.
They will take 30+ lbs of boost.
Yes, hot rodding is expensive...:)

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just want to make sure once I finally source everything for the project that I don't blow anything up. I know it has been asked before, I just can't get a straight answer it seems, but about how much HP can the stock internals handle? I doubt I would need anything over 10 psi on something like a GT2554R to get my goal. I just don't want to run into melted pistons (water/air intercool and maybe meth/water) or broken rods. Would it be safe to run about 8-10 psi on stock motor? Planning on running upgraded FPR and if needed, larger injectors.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am new here and i just came across this post and thought someone here could help. I want to know what the center to center length of the CBRXX rods are. I am really looking for a set of rods for my cb1300 and i know the big and small ends on the CBRXX are the same size but not sure about the length. Most likely they are shorter since the cb1300 has a 67mm stroke. Or do they make the stroke longer with the crank offset???? I figure some of you might have this info around. It is near impossible to find a set of aftermarket rods for the cb1300. If anyone can help me I would greatly appreciate it.
Happy new year to you all.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My 1300 has undergone quite a few changes and I won,t get into it to much right now. My latest project is to try an find out some info on connecting rods for the bike. Mainly the center to center dimensions of the rods. The engine has been rebored to 81 mm and a set of cbr 1100xx JE forged pistons installed. The head has been ported and valves blended. CBR1000F cams and springs installed. .015 shaved off the top deck and compression at around 12.5 to 1. The carbs are FCR 39s and the exhaust is a 4-2-1 Ackra titanium exhaust.
I fear that the stock rods might not be able to hold it all together if the rpm get much higher than 8000 or so. The stock redline is 7500.
All the best to everyone out there,
ONce again, happy new year.
HW

·
Registered
4 Posts
Wow, thanks very much. I am sure you know how hard it is to find info online sometimes. I searched for a couple days for this and came up empty. I see that you and others here have gone much further with your mods than i maybe ever will. (Superchargers, turbos, etc ). The process of modifying and tinkering never stops so maybe some day I will decide to turbo my bike.. Thks again! Have a great year!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts