Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, does anyone have one of these laying around and looking to sell it?
It's the pre bubble style with Honda decal and fade from the bottom up to dash.
I'm short as shit and don't need the bubble style lol.

·
Registered
7,580 Posts
Metzi
Is yours cracked? If it's just lightly scratched I have used rubbing compound and plastic polish and been able to wheel them out with a wool buff pad to brand new.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Metzi
Is yours cracked? If it's just lightly scratched I have used rubbing compound and plastic polish and been able to wheel them out with a wool buff pad to brand new.
Yeah it's got a crack in it and it's starting to get crows feet.

What rubbing compound did you use?
I think I might be able to put some of that perspex bond in the crack and hopefully it will react and bind back together. I'm having a real hard time finding another one the same.

·
Registered
7,580 Posts
I located a new one a bit back but not sure if I can find it again. I'll give it another look.
The fist step was 3M perfect it II compound followed by blue magic metal polish then thier plastic polish. You'll need an 8 inch wool pad on a buffer at a low speed about 1000 to 1200 rpm.

·
Registered
7,580 Posts
If its scratched use a foam sanding block some 2000 grit wet or dry sand paper and a lot of water and light pressure.
Here's a link to a supplier for a factory one. But be sitting down before you open it

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have a new MRA "original" screen which is what I think you are looking for. MRA's are a very high quality windscreen that are equal in my opinion to the stock Honda. They are around $120 so It wouldn't be worth trying to ship to you. I have a MRA on my ZX14 and in Europe it is a Kawaski part # in the parts listing due to being a little taller. It still looks new after 7 years and 30k miles.
Oppisite to you, I prefer the 01-03 screen so I was lucky enough to find a couple of nice used oem screens. Here are a couple of links to the 97-2000 MRA screen-

It comes with webbing to go around the outer edge.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts