Honda CBR XX Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
IMG_8573.JPG 3 seasons with the shorai Phantom. room for tools around it now in the batt box. In the garage and sits winter long never had to charge it. :thumb: IMG_8058.JPG 24oz:thumb: around a Benjiman $.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I was looking at the SSB YTZ14S for my 06 Blackbird but then I noticed the SSB RTZ14S, same size but 340CCA!
Will the greater output therefore require more charging and put a strain on the bike's electrical system?
What is thoughts between the SSB batteries?
What is the inital charging procedure for a one of these new batteries or are they just plug and play off the shelf?

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
Shoria lithium here ain't cheap but man this thing cranks. I was also able to up size to 315 cca. Here's a vid I made of it cranking over and running in the bike.

Wow, you can clearly hear the difference in PRM as the starter zooms!

What are you adjusting on the left bar, roughly where a fast idle(choke) lever would be. I only ask as I see yours has fuel injection.

Did you do the blue clock, light bulb/led swop, yourself?

·
Administrator
9,148 Posts
Wow, you can clearly hear the difference in PRM as the starter zooms!

What are you adjusting on the left bar, roughly where a fast idle(choke) lever would be. I only ask as I see yours has fuel injection.

Did you do the blue clock, light bulb/led swop, yourself?
I have a maual fan micro control switch in the port for the pass to flash switch. It's rocker that lets me trigger the fans. I tripped them to show there is virtually no drop in voltage when they are on.
The lights were LED replacements that brightened up the dash and gave it a blue hue. I've since changed over to green.
20200818_232935.jpg

Reactions: Big-Bird

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
I have a maual fan micro control switch in the port for the pass to flash switch. It's rocker that lets me trigger the fans. I tripped them to show there is virtually no drop in voltage when they are on.
The lights were LED replacements that brightened up the dash and gave it a blue hue. I've since changed over to green.
View attachment 131887
Where they the type have to solder in or just pull out the old, drop in the new?

Congrats on 200000!

·
Administrator
9,148 Posts
pull old install new the old analog dashes

Reactions: Big-Bird
21 - 26 of 26 Posts