Honda CBR XX Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Don't bother with the FH020AA from Jack's. Go the whole hog and get the SH847. I run a Shorai alongside one and had no issue's.
Adeyren,

So far, despite its age, the SH847 is still proving top dog. Jack may well be getting my business for one. Thanks for your help in directing me to it.

My only hesitation is if I can source it from a UK supplier and avoid extra delivery and import duty/ tax by avoiding getting it from the US or Jap supplier on what is already a pricey part compared to the value of our bikes.

At a push I can still look out to the EU to source the part quicker (Suzuki 32800-31J00) and at lower cost (well at least for a few weeks yet).

My other option is Rick's alternative where there is at least a UK source else go Jack's for full service but hit by delivery and duty extra costs. The more I save the closer I get to adding Bees cruise control!

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
way
Don't bother with the FH020AA from Jack's. Go the whole hog and get the SH847. I run a Shorai alongside one and had no issue's.
Hi Adey,
I'm gonna follow your advice and go for a SH847. Buying from Jack and suffering import duty still seems the best way fwd. I saw Bee mounted his son's on the LHS of his 03 i.e. in the same place I'll aim to put mine on my '97 as that's where the old one is anyway. I've got Bee's template if I need it.

My question is re cable lenghts. Jack's kit comes with plenty of DC cabling. The AC cables are 12". Depending upon where you installed your SH847, is 12" long enough for my install or ought I to ask Jack for a specific length? Any insight much appreciated as ever.

Festive rgds Mallow1

·
Super Moderator
8,841 Posts
Mallow
Here's the pics of my install Judging by the sheathing and the fact that I typically a stator every 30,000 miles because I ride in a oven most of the year. These leads are factory sheathed and wire colored and are long enough to reach the R/R in the NORMAL location LOL.

Reactions: Mallow1

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Bee,

Thanks so I'm good to go with Jack's SH847 super kit without any tweaks. Time to count my Xmas stocking dosh. 🤑

Merry Xmas!

M1

·
Super Moderator
8,841 Posts
You might want to swap out the breaker he supplies in his kit. Thinking because if everything being converted to LED it burned out. I swapped over to a little fuse low profile JCASE cartridge fuse for the main. It's designed for high current applications.
Cartridge Fuses
Provide increased time delay and low voltage drop to protect high current circuits and handle inrush currents.
Cartridge Fuses

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Finally saved my pennies up and ordered a SH847. Now it's great re stator and temp etc but is set at 14.5v output (not as LiFePo/ Lithium friendly as a 14.1v set point). Any way to reset it or an add on a minor gizmo between it and my battery to tweak that small difference?

Prob not (or not worth the effort) and prob my Antigravity bat will cope anyway but no harm asking.

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
First lithium battery I ran alongside my SH847 was an EBay £85 Skyrich item. Lasted 15 months. 😢 . Switched to a Shorai, more than twice the price. No issues last 18 months.

·
Super Moderator
8,841 Posts
I've been running the 847 for couple years now. Likes it very much. 14.5 running maybe 14.6 or .7 on a start up recharge. But the shoria is very happy with it.

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
bees, mine runs 14.5/14.3 average. Never had above that. Even with the lights and twin Spal fans never drops below 14v. With the Shorai you get what you pay for. Thanks for the recommendation.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I liked my Shorais (they lasted 4+ yrs). I'm just being protective of this new LiFePo. If only I could open the 847 and re-set it to 14.1v just for the sake of it. There were Mosfet RRs outvtgere set at 14.1v but on balance Series just won me over tech wise.

Anyone ever opened an SH to see if it is possible to reset to 14.1?

Current R/R (an FH but I cant rem which on other than old enought to only have one connector as per original OEM) is a pushing 14.5-7 on start up then rock solid at 14.5 so prob exactly what the 847 will send it's way.

Now just awaiting delivery of everything.

·
Super Moderator
8,841 Posts
It's what I'm seeing.

Reactions: Mallow1
21 - 35 of 35 Posts