Honda CBR XX Forum banner
601 - 620 of 620 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Pics from today's foray - 120 miles or so around the Borders.

I stopped on the B6355 on my way to Gifford/Haddington to admire the view of the Bass Rock, and Berwick Law,
a towering volcanic plug that offers equally impressive views if you’ve got the energy to climb it!
Cloud Tire Wheel Sky Automotive tire

Cloud Tire Wheel Sky Motorcycle

For those who aren't familiar: in the background, Berwick Law is the brown triangular hill to the left of centre, and the Bass Rock is the white blob to the right of centre . 👍😎
Cloud Sky Water Natural landscape Grass

·
Registered
35 Posts
Pics from today's foray - 120 miles or so around the Borders.

I stopped on the B6355 on my way to Gifford/Haddington to admire the view of the Bass Rock, and Berwick Law,
a towering volcanic plug that offers equally impressive views if you’ve got the energy to climb it!
View attachment 133828

View attachment 133829

For those who aren't familiar: in the background, Berwick Law is the brown triangular hill to the left of centre, and the Bass Rock is the white blob to the right of centre . 👍😎
View attachment 133827
Looks fantastic including the bike(y)

·
Registered
382 Posts
Back to the Bass Rock - this time with Ma Girl, who, having seen the pictures I posted two days ago, decided that she wanted to see for herself.

Cloud Tire Sky Wheel Vehicle

How could I say "no" to such a request - even though I'd planned to mow the lawn today and, perhaps, do a little bit of weeding in the flower beds? 😇

Sky Cloud Plant Natural landscape Helmet

Great weather (again!) offered views, not only of the Rock, but also of the Pentlands (horizon, left of centre) and Arthur’s Seat in Edinburgh (horizon - pointy hill, just above dead centre).

Cloud Sky Natural landscape Plant Mountain

Having done her bidding, perhaps I can now look forward to uninterrupted views of MotoGP Mugello, this weekend. 👍😁

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: my life is hell! 🙄🙂😁

·
Registered
🏍Bird 1 - Carb 1998 🏍Bird 2 - Carb 1998
169 Posts
No pictures, but here is a frame of the video automatically generated by GoPro app. :geek:
A short stroll around the Farnborough area, yesterday. Great weather to ride a motorbike. A bit windy but the temperature was just right.

Plant Sky Cloud Vehicle Motor vehicle

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Sky Plant community Cloud Water Bedrock

Cloud Water Plant Sky Plant community
Plant Sky Mountain Cloud Plant community

Cloud Plant Sky Natural landscape Road surface

Plant Sky Plant community Cloud Mountain

Thought this loop would require a shorter gravel stint from the Sprucewood Inn Restaurant down to the river...see map pic,
World Map Organism Font Rectangle
Plant Mountain Cloud Plant community Vehicle

Cloud Sky Plant Mountain Plant community

Sky Road surface Cloud Asphalt Slope
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Plant Vehicle

but upon taking the right and headed down river, it was all the way to Foxton. Ended up being worth the 20mph ride. Once again the old carby held up with elevation, (=/- 10k') heat, (85-90), and minor stutter bumps.

·
Administrator
9,595 Posts
Those look like very good dirt roads. I'd have enjoyed looping down through them. Those road conditions really let the link system shine.

Reactions: Jetfire

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
After getting great advice from beestoys and Leighb, I found the fuses messing with me. Got out today with hot weather warnings (100) and although 80s to the exit, it quickly cooled as I gained elevation it cooled to 70, then 60, etc. Put the extra cold weather shirt on and saved the day. Some where around 50degrees at the chillest. Rode to the top and rode got worse all the way. After exiting the park, rode into a squall I saw developing around the ride. Got soaked but in 15 minutes it warmed up nice and last 30 minutes were 90+degrees. . Mt Evans is 14,265 feet and the carby sputtered and back fired a bit but returned to normal when back down around the 10k and lower elevation. 120 miles 4 hours.

Attachments

601 - 620 of 620 Posts