Honda CBR XX Forum banner
581 - 600 of 620 Posts

·
Play, it makes life fun
2,466 Posts
Had a couple of warmer days around 48°F for a high so I took the wing out and wandered up into Southern Wisconsin. Snow was melting across roads where it had been shaded from the sun and wasn't gone yet. But by Baraboo at Devil's Lake inside the park there was a lot of slush on the road. Did 300 miles.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Play, it makes life fun
2,466 Posts
Welcome. Reading it made me hate my rat-race life even more...!

It's interesting that you find that to be the case. I have noticed a trend of fewer riders going to the effort of acknowledging each other these days, which is a shame. It's always a nod in my neck of the woods, but a few wave and you can tell the riders from the continent when they stick a leg out :smilebig:

I try not to examine too closely the likelyhood of another rider ignoring my nod based on what they're riding, but I can't help but notice that it does seem that adventure bike riders seem less likely to nod/wave than most, GS riders in particular. No offence to any potential BMW owners present, but in my experience it just seems a "you're not in the club" kinda thing. Not all of them of course, but seemingly a higher percentage than the average.

Interestingly, cruiser/chopper/Harley riders always seem happy to acknowledge me, regardless of the fact that all I've ever ridden have been Japanese bikes (in fact - all I've ever owned have been Hondas!). Puts the whole "cruiser-riders hate sports-bike riders" thing in perspective, but perhaps that's just an american stereotype. Any of you guys from the states find that to be the case?
For years in the states if you were riding a "Rice burner" a Harley rider wouldn't wave or acknowledge you in any way. I find that's starting to change now. I ride a Goldwing and other wings always wave back... then I bought the BB and once in a while I don't get a wave back from a wing if on the BB! While riding the wing about 50% of the time sport bike riders don't wave but those are mostly younger riders... judgement made on age by lack of gear or girl on the back with lack of gear.

·
Registered
🏍Bird 1 - Carb 1998 🏍Bird 2 - Carb 1998
169 Posts
Had a couple of warner days around 48°F for a high so I took the wing out and wandered up into Southern Wisconsin. Snow was melting across roads where it had been shaded from the sun and wasn't gone yet. But by Baraboo at Devil's Lake inside the park there was a lot of slush on the road. Did 300 miles.

:ROFLMAO: strange looking Blackbird. Was stung by bees!

·
Play, it makes life fun
2,466 Posts
strange looking Blackbird. Was stung by bees!
Hahahaha, a whole hive at once.. but it will slim down once the weather warms up to at least the 50's!

·
Play, it makes life fun
2,466 Posts
Great scenery you have, but looks a bit chilly!!:eek:
Yes, a bit... large fairing, heated grips and seat... and a whole outfit of heated gear. Just had the jacket on that day though. If on the BB then pants, jacket and gloves would have been heated as the high was 48.

·
Play, it makes life fun
2,466 Posts
strange looking Blackbird. Was stung by bees!
Ok, I was Stung by your comment so when the wind went to nothing and it became sunny and heading to 49°F I took the BB out today and went West to the Mississippi River by Savanna, IL. Around 170 miles and dark and 36°F when I got home. About the time that the sun was going down I clicked on the heat. Heading home and I started to cool down... Hmmmm, must not have the heat on much. Kept going and was getting cold and muscles started getting tense so 30 miles from home I stopped and turned it up... Hmmmm, no lights on the controller!!! What the #$%^&. Oh, gee whiz... I just was happy to get a ride in today so I just took off and forgot to plug the power cord into the bike! So soon after that was discovered I was all toasty for the last 30 miles. Feet were a bit cold when I walked in. Never tried out my heated socks yet and didn't have on my heated gloves either.
Some cool shots of the river reflecting things. Never seen the river that smooth.

Reactions: Mallow1

·
Play, it makes life fun
2,466 Posts
A few more pics

·
Administrator
9,595 Posts
You know you really need to work on that target fixation lol.

581 - 600 of 620 Posts