Honda CBR XX Forum banner
561 - 580 of 620 Posts

·
Registered
Blackbird XX, Rossi/Repsol replica; VFR800iA & a leaping cat [4 wheels] for wet weather!
6 Posts
Hi all.
Just bumped into some news about a clash among motorcyclists in the H Café where I made a quick stop last Saturday.
I was riding my Bird1 with no destination and was pleasantly surprised by the sheer number of motorcycles and the calm ambient.

Sadly, it seems that later there was some kind of altercation, enough to require police intervention.

Police called to motorbike group fight outside Oxford Road cafe

I am yet to find where the BB bunch usually gathers.
Haha 😂 Boys, boys, boys!!! Maybe the bb guys were the ones who started it!? 😃

·
Registered
🏍Bird 1 - Carb 1998 🏍Bird 2 - Carb 1998
169 Posts
Raven Café today! Not many bikes there.
Was my first visit (and my first "mega breakfast", but also the last! Quality far from average).

Saw couple other Blackbirds but did not stop. Next time will try different hot spots! Noticed another café with many more bikes in the A rood to Telford(?). Seemed more pleasant.

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Plant Vehicle

·
Registered
382 Posts
Scottish Borders, East Coast... A bit of "off-roading" today!
😄
Stayed away from the "big roads" and pootled out towards Dunbar. Stopped between "Spott" and "Little Spott", ten-ish miles from the Bass Rock, which appeared much softened by the beautiful summer sunshine.
👍
...Here's hoping it lasts for another seven months or so!
☀️
😎
😄

Cloud Wheel Tire Sky Vehicle

Sky Cloud Plant Natural landscape Tree

Cloud Sky Plant Atmosphere Ecoregion

·
Registered
169 Posts
Well, not that I had planned to happen this way, but a short stroll around the Cotswolds, the return home had to be done under the "white powder".
Now I know how Santa feels riding the reindeers, just I have 160+ of them to tame.
I have crossed with another Red Bird near Ofxord (with a full set of topcases and luggage boxes), anyone from here?

Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive tire Vehicle

·
Registered
116 Posts
Well, not that I had planned to happen this way, but a short stroll around the Cotswolds, the return home had to be done under the "white powder".
Now I know how Santa feels riding the reindeers, just I have 160+ of them to tame.
I have crossed with another Red Bird near Ofxord (with a full set of topcases and luggage boxes), anyone from here?

View attachment 132914
That is awesome.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts

View attachment 132914
Looks damn cold to an Aussie! Have only ridden in snow once and that was more than enough for me. Just wondering ... snow building up on the muffler? Surely it was warm enough to melt it?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Looks damn cold to an Aussie! Have only ridden in snow once and that was more than enough for me. Just wondering ... snow building up on the muffler? Surely it was warm enough to melt it?
That was me leaving my friends home. Snow had started to build up, hence my decision to leave asap.
In the country roads, it was already enough to hide the verge and road markings which made me a bit uncomfortable, but luckily there was not ice or compressed snow yet.
And the motorway was clean on the lanes. The tricky bit was when changing lanes where the snow had created a small bump. I avoided changing lanes as much as I could.

One other challenge is the snow reflecting your own light... its like swimming in a river against the flow. All this white flocks flying to your visor horizontally, blocking your vision.
And to my surprise, when I arrived home, when opened the visor, an ice curved plaque has slipped from the visor to the floor. My guess is that moisture has frozen on the inside (I did notice the visibility degradation and thought that my antifog film was damaged).

An exciting experience, but not to repeat :)

·
Older wiser and sorer
1,741 Posts
Makes me think you northern hemisphereans should whack on ice spikes and go ice racing during winter. Visions of Birds speedway style. :eek:

561 - 580 of 620 Posts