Honda CBR XX Forum banner
541 - 560 of 592 Posts

·
Registered
🏍Bird 1 - Carb 1998 🏍Bird 2 - Carb 1998
123 Posts
Not recent as these days we are limited in our ability to fly around... but it feels great to remember 2018 summer.

Bird1 in the picture.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I also rode today.... but no picture. The weather was not brilliant but dry enough to enjoy.

This week has been the second time I saw an XX around Berkshire. :unsure:
I wonder... anyone here?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Every time I see a white BB I get soooo tempted to go that way. White so suits The shape and style.

Well ...I'm having to rear it down to fix some things. Have new plastics coming in so ....I started the new white look. White with Tire Wheel Vehicle Fuel tank Automotive tire
black/gold and hint of red.

This is what it should look like .... Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
582 Posts

I have to find time to go thru the pics and vids I made today - what an event! I never saw a WRC car before, they are out of this world fast. Hilllclimb races are frequent in these parts so I am used to "understanding" those speeds - these cars are on another level above that, so impressive.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Took my Bird 2 for a ride to shake off the dust 😎

While crossing through Reading there was an XX coming out of the town centre.
Heading to Oxford just bumped into the H Café where dozens of motorcycles parked enjoying the sun and the burgers!! 🏍
Parked for a few minutes to admire the environment but not knowing anyone and with the social distancing still important, decided to continue my "no destination" stroll.

Pointed to the Cotswolds passing Oxford and taking the A44. Ended up in Chipping Norton and then turned to Cheltenham passing Stow-on-the-Wold and Burton-on-the-water, where I got lost trying to find Swindon. For some reason, the council did not pay for enough signs and I could not see any more Swindon indications... until I found myself back in Oxford! 🥴

At the H Café there was a grey Blackbird.... anyone from the Forum?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hi all.
Just bumped into some news about a clash among motorcyclists in the H Café where I made a quick stop last Saturday.
I was riding my Bird1 with no destination and was pleasantly surprised by the sheer number of motorcycles and the calm ambient.

Sadly, it seems that later there was some kind of altercation, enough to require police intervention.

Police called to motorbike group fight outside Oxford Road cafe

I am yet to find where the BB bunch usually gathers.

·
Registered
101 Posts
View attachment 72113 View attachment 72121 View attachment 72129 View attachment 72137 ....just West of my house in what we call the Kananaskis Valley (nice golf course close by here too) in the Rockies.
We have some nice roads to ride but you know what happens when you live in a place....you ride these roads so often you don't appreciate them any more and you end up drooling
over someone else's turf.
Isn't that the truth! We just take it for granted. But that's normal regardless of where you live.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Scottish Highlands tour, June 2021

Apologies if you've seen this elsewhere on the site - just thought I'd drop it in here, too, as I'm a rabid attention-seeker! 😁
I have seen your post before. At the time my long term base was Germany :)
Now that I am slightly closer, I am tempted to finally spend 7 days following your footsteps!

Just need to find the Mars style water proof gear to face the Scottish weather! LOL

I was wondering what would I do with all the sand in the riding gear after making stars in the sand... but then I just remembered that I would be under heavy rain every second hour while in Scotland.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Now that I am slightly closer, I am tempted to finally spend 7 days following your footsteps!
Just need to find the Mars style water proof gear to face the Scottish weather! LOL
Well... all I can suggest is that you take another look at the weather in the pictures that I posted - and I actually used the term "heat haze" when describing our trip to Dunnottar Castle! I wasn't lying! 😆

I was wondering what would I do with all the sand in the riding gear after making stars in the sand... but then I just remembered that I would be under heavy rain every second hour while in Scotland.
That was Achmelvich Beach, man! 😲 The sand there is self-cleaning and it recognises biking gear, so it detatches almost immediately when you stand up. No - really! 🤓🤪

Anyway, as I said in my write-up; in a good summer, being in Scotland, far away from the cities, can be like being in the south of France, or the Caribbean. We're having a great summer (so far), so I suggest you get a move on and sample it - it could be ten years before we get another one! 😄

541 - 560 of 592 Posts