Honda CBR XX Forum banner

481 - 500 of 528 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Visiting the ruins of Chateau de Peyrepeteuse, an 11th century Cathar castle,
during our vacation in France earlier this month.
Nice looking bike that. Did that trip back in 2012 on a similar looking bike. I believe the area is called the Corbieres. We stayed at a little Gite at a place called Moux just east of Carcassonne. Lovely area and a great holiday. We walked up the Chateau de Termes.

chateautermes.jpg gorge.jpg

Attachments

·
Older wiser and sorer
1,515 Posts
After having just travelled to the south of france, england and spain (barcelona) i look at all these shots and yet another place goes on the destination list.
But you can have london centre, Barcelona and surrounds as far as riding a Bird there. In 2 weeks only saw one bird in england. Think i would go for something lighter, smaller and more manouverable at slow speeds. Never seen so many scooters in my life. The rabbits of the road.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Nice looking bike that. Did that trip back in 2012 on a similar looking bike. I believe the area is called the Corbieres. We stayed at a little Gite at a place called Moux just east of Carcassonne. Lovely area and a great holiday. We walked up the Chateau de Termes.
Cheers, Fairb :thumb:

Southern France has been one of our favourite places for quite a few years now...

...and yes - we're big on chateaux, too! :D

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Leavenworth Washington loop

"Any excuse will do" ; went to look at property in Leavenworth. You know your having fun when you forget to take pics! only shots were while Jetfire was faithfully waiting to get fired back up while I traipsed around a few possible get away parcels. I'll do better next trip! 250 miler HWY 2 over Stevens Pass, Coles Corner and Lake Wenatchee then twisties down Chumstick to Leavenworth, to hwy97 over Bluett Pass, to I5 over Snoqualmie Pass and on home. View pic is over Leavenworth at furthest valley world re known destinations for hikers into the "Enchantments" up out of this beer drinking Bavarian town. :cheers:

IMG_5463.JPG IMG_5140.JPG IMG_5141.JPG IMG_5154.JPG IMG_5172.JPG

·
Registered
4 Posts
Must be nice to be close to such unique venue, made from scratch waiting for MotoGP freaks to battle there. Looks like a very technical track https://goo.gl/maps/dwYnP6D7Awc5fSRTA

Keeps us posted on the developments :D
Hello Tom!
Yes this track is a dream, now it is real. There is technical sector and then very fast sector and you can see almost all from one spot. It is like amphitheater!
Total cost will be 25 million euros.
Here is onboard video link.

https://www.motogp.com/en/videos/2019/08/19/onboard-a-lap-of-the-kymiring-with-mika-kallio/305233

Info

https://en.kymiring.fi/motorsport/

·
Registered
8,028 Posts
Catalina Highway going up the mountain from Tucson, Az., USA. Small summer rainstorm and rainbow in the background.
That's an excellent road Zee. Me and the misses ran up there years back for an October Fest up at the ski resort. If you free the weekend of the 8th of September I'm meeting some friends to run the devil. I'll be leaving out of the Phoenix area Friday the 7th. The ride is the 8th and returning on the 9th.

Devil's Highway Run | Summer Tours | Winter Tours | Scottsdale, AZ

·
Registered
326 Posts
Hartside 1.jpg

We had a pleasant, sunny ride up to Hartside in Cumbria today to see the
remains of the famous old hilltop café that burned down in March 2018.

Since then, there have been a few proposals to reopen the place but,
sadly, nothing seems likely to happen in the near future.

Shame. :down:

Hartside 3.jpg Hartside 3a.jpg

Hartside 2.jpg Hartside 2a.jpg

(Well-prepared means well-provisioned!) :D

·
Registered
474 Posts
There was an awesome Lamborghini Concourse in the town nearby, I had to go there...too many pics, but after they finished their stint on the main town square, they closed down the city traffic, and I slipped between few Espada's and just followed the convoy out of town, red light blasting by, V12's screaming it was such a moment, I can't describe it :D

Few quick snaps...

Wonderful :D

·
Registered
22 Posts
A 388 mile round trip from tipperary to north mayo and back via ennis in Clare Ireland on a lovely day a great way to spend a Saturday before the winter sets in.

Attachments

481 - 500 of 528 Posts