Honda CBR XX Forum banner

461 - 480 of 506 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Number 01 and all. bet you don't see to many of them around the place.did see a clip on one a few years ago

·
Registered
164 Posts
A couple of pictures from last weeks.

1&2
A fellow Bird owner I met who was thinking about getting a touring screen so I lent him my MRA screen.

Visited a mate in Nyköping

4-7
Out for a ride along Bråviken bay

She looks good from above as well

Next time I visit this church is when my son and his beautiful girlfriend is getting married

/ Stromma

·
Registered
164 Posts
1-3
Arkösund where Bråviken bay meets the Baltic Sea and Latvia is far away on the other side.

When Blackbird power isn't enough and nuclear seems to be the next logical step

5-7
Made a mounting bracket for my grand sons action cam. Perhaps it's time to get a new Gopro to replace the one I smashed last year.

/ Stromma

·
Registered
302 Posts
I fell in love with the XX the first time I laid eyes on one, more than twenty years ago.

Every now and then, even after all this time, I get a sweet reminder of why I love the Bird.

RedBird.jpg

That's one hell of a picture and, for me at least, it really "hits the spot". :thumb:

(By the way, what make are the panniers?)

·
Registered
3,996 Posts
The hard bags are from the Honda-line accessory catalog for UK fuel injected Birds. I did a couple of slight mods to fit them to my 1998 carburated machine. Easy peasy really. The kit is all inclusive as is normal for Honda gear. My install with photos is located here:

https://www.cbrxx.com/riding-gear-luggage-electronics/2405-hard-saddlebags-2.html#post26779

The complete kits are becoming harder to find new. Mine came from David Silver Spares in the UK shipped to Canada. They are spendy to purchase new,$1000.00 to $1200.00. You can find the bags often times but not the install kit.

Sorry for for the thread jack.

T.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Buddy of mine just bough the SP1...what a damn beautiful machine, the sound and the silhouette...I was never into bikes that much but apart from the NR that I remember as the "apex high tech bike" (stuck with me while reading car magazines in the 90s) and XX as the bike I want...the 3rd bike on the list was SP, 1 or 2 doesn't matter. I gotta get one :D

·
Registered
838 Posts
I saw a picture on the new RR in black - that has got to be the pinacle of the recent Honda livery - what a beautiful bike

too lazy to go looking for a photo

yes I know we are talking old school on here but that RR just blew me away

·
Registered
363 Posts
I realize that this is not my BB but my VStrom. I took it because I REALLY don't like taking my BB on gravel.
This is a favorite day ride of mine. Takes me into the first couple of ranges of the Rockies.

Starts with about 50 km of nice pavement.
july1-800x600.jpg

Then there is about 50 kms of good gravel/dirt
july 3-800x600.jpg

Followed by another 40 kms of nice pavement
july 4-800x600.jpg

Then another 50 kms of gravel
july 6-800x600.jpg

july 5-800x600.jpg

And then it dumps you out above a nice mountain town. From here, I can take a pretty direct, hour ride home or continue on for some more pavement/gravel and take a few more hours to get home.
july 7-800x600.jpg

All in all, it can be a nice half day or full day ride.

461 - 480 of 506 Posts