Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 518 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks,

So - I thought perhaps that it might be interesting to see the variety of places we end up with our bikes, something to share the pleasure of a good day's ride...

Post a picture that gives a taste of your day's riding, sun or rain, daily trudge to work or glorious Saturday spin in the sunshine without a care in the world, pretty, ugly, fantastic, disastrous, adventurous, challenging, ridiculous, let's see it!

Caption it or not, up to you, but share a little piece of your day with your fellow riders!

·
Registered
680 Posts
From the Work parking lot. Southern California just begs to be ridden year round...

View attachment 71994
-BIG DAN:thumb:
Why do you have a decomissioned 777 in your parking lot?? That thing's less than 12 years old! I guess the Singapore folks change their aircraft out when the ashtrays are full??

But to add to your post: Northern California has some roads that also beg to be ridden year round!

1a.jpg

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you're probably bored of mine from one of my local roads lol

oh what the hell !!!

View attachment 72042
Mikey, I hate to be the one to have to tell you this, but your motorcycle seems to be the wrong colour... :rolleyes:

And anyway, who's the photographer eh?? ;)

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Mikey, I hate to be the one to have to tell you this, but your motorcycle seems to be the wrong colour... :rolleyes:

And anyway, who's the photographer eh?? ;)
Maybe I should get a sticker for the back, " My Other Bike is Orange" :D

There's a small group of amateur snappers who regularly festoon themselves in the hedges on the road between Belmont & Rivington on a Sunday afternoon

·
Registered
180 Posts
Why do you have a decomissioned 777 in your parking lot?? That thing's less than 12 years old! I guess the Singapore folks change their aircraft out when the ashtrays are full??
We are an MRO that specializes in heavy maintenance and modification, but we also store many aircraft here in the desert.
Many aircraft are stored in dry parts of the world between ownership. The Mojave is one of the prime locations for this long term parking to occur. This was shot at our facility at KVCV https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=We7qdE4pMtk
That particular B777 in the photo is most likely to change ownership early 2017. -BIG DAN:thumb:

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
RM!@.JPG RM2.JPG RM9.JPG RM16.JPG ....just West of my house in what we call the Kananaskis Valley (nice golf course close by here too) in the Rockies.
We have some nice roads to ride but you know what happens when you live in a place....you ride these roads so often you don't appreciate them any more and you end up drooling
over someone else's turf.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You might recognise this place then ThisWayUp :thumb: Mine was the zx10. The bikes are quite a few years apart, but a very similar focus.
Looks like my patch buddy :thumb:

I'm envious of some of the roads pictured here local to other riders, but actually our little corner of the country has some pretty damn fine riding to be had...

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
View attachment 72113 View attachment 72121 View attachment 72129 View attachment 72137 ....just West of my house in what we call the Kananaskis Valley (nice golf course close by here too) in the Rockies.
We have some nice roads to ride but you know what happens when you live in a place....you ride these roads so often you don't appreciate them any more and you end up drooling
over someone else's turf.
Looks like a pretty spectacular patch to me, you fancy trading for a bit? :smilebig:

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
A taste of today's...

DSC_0834.JPG

My (far to brief) after work spin. All too often the only thing in my day keeping me sane!

By the way - can anyone help me out with how to post a proper picture in a message rather than just a thumbnail link?

1 - 20 of 518 Posts