Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am USA based, Alaska actually, and am wanting to source a left hand mirror. Only the glass is broke but I will buy whatever I can find, all or part. Any ideas? Thanks brothers. I'm new to the forum. First post!
Bob Lacher 907 250 1767 whatsap or L.R.L.Live.com

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
I am USA based, Alaska actually, and am wanting to source a left hand mirror. Only the glass is broke but I will buy whatever I can find, all or part. Any ideas? Thanks brothers. I'm new to the forum. First post!
Hello Bob

You used to be able to get plastic replacement mirror sheets (for cars) that you could cut to your needed size and stuck over the broken one, just a thought as over here from Honda they want £131 each plus VAT.

Cheapest one on a quick eBay search is this one

Jim.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello Bob

You used to be able to get plastic replacement mirror sheets (for cars) that you could cut to your needed size and stuck over the broken one, just a thought as over here from Honda they want £131 each plus VAT.

Cheapest one on a quick eBay search is this one

Jim.
I never though of that. I know the owner of a glass shop. I’ll hit him up for the plastic mirror stock and make one. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
I never though of that. I know the owner of a glass shop. I’ll hit him up for the plastic mirror stock and make one. Thanks.
Found this as well

·
Registered
416 Posts
Hello Fellow Fighter Pilot! Those aspherical mirrors will do the trick! Not on the cheap side but very good quality. Using them for my mod...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What do you mean “aspherical”? Where did you find them? Was that through the German EBay ? ( At least it appeared German.)

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
What do you mean “aspherical”? Where did you find them? Was that through the German EBay ? ( At least it appeared German.)
On my 2001 version, the tips were almost convex, they were like blind spot mirrors on the ends.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Aspherical refers to the tip of the glass is curved to give widef angle and eliminate or reduce blind spots. I've bought these in the past and absolutely love them.

They are slighly smaller than OEM with the inyent they stick on over the original glass or on the plastic once the original glass is removed.

Some have had success with heat guns re removing the old glass. I personally didn't need heat though played safe and used silicon sealant to seal the edge and help glue the glass in place.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Yes they come from Germany though I saw the ad via the ebay uk website (or did whilst we were "in Europe". Either way, search for eBay item # 221226045505)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts