·
NEED WORK!
7,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
828 Posts
Hi Chaps!
Wondered if any of you came across this before?

HONDA BLACKBIRD CBR 1100XX CBR1100XX HEADLIGHT 96-2008 : eBay Motors (item 120642790073 end time Nov-10-10 16:18:30 PST)

From the pictures (about mid way down the page) and more specifically in the first of the "click to supersize" piccies, I can see either a reflceion of the camera, or what appears to be 3 led lamps???:idunno:

It is clear this is an aftermarket light and not oem, so I thought maybe?
Anyways!:thumb:
Cheers!
Chris
I have just had a look at my headlight - if you look at the same angle as the camera - there is an optical illusion of three reflected main beam bulbs.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Pretty weird init?
:)
Sure is.

The other odd thing for a USA supplied headlight is the inclusion of the small parking light in the nose of the headlight - I though that was a european model specific thing.

Could be hard to find a blanking plate for those who do not have a light fitting there.

·
NEED WORK!
7,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think its probably one "global" copycat manufacturer of these, and they probably don't even know this little diffo...
They are cheap-ish really and probably cheap-ish quality too..
Sure beats a candle for a crashed bike though..LOL

·
NEED WORK!
7,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Looks interesting. Wonder how it looks in real life?

I have been thinking of modifying my headlight to hold projector beams and painting the chrome reflecting surface inside the headlight area black. Haven`t seen a bird that waY YET. Prolly cost an arm and a leg though.

·
Premium Member
6,010 Posts
Did no one notice the years it fits.. 1996 to 2008

·
Kawasaki Interloper
55 Posts
The only cover for a lens is CLEAR. Can't see the point in having headlights (and the ones on the bird aren't the best anyway) and then dimming the whole caboodle behind tinted perspex.

Great for the poseurs who only go out in daylight or never go above 30mph at night but in the real world they are useless. IMHO of course;)

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Did you all know that LED lights do not reflect? An LED headlight will not show up the reflectors in the tail lights of parked cars at night. I believe that is why they not used OEM.

·
NEED WORK!
7,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi chaps!
Thought you might find this interesting...
Imho its not an led main and high beam. It appears to be using regular H7 bulbs..
The leds like on post 1, appear (to me) to be some sort of position lighting?
Imho in a black blackbird, like G-mans and JeDucks, would look pretty cool...
I am not convinced myself still so....

Cheers!
Chris

1 - 11 of 11 Posts