Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today we visited the exact random spot near Tallawa Dam, which was destroyed by bushfires over xmas of 2019. We visited this random spot in Feb 2020 and saw it was just destroyed. the creak was full of the chemicals the water bombers drop. We found the exact stick we accidentally took the bark off 12 months ago. The Australian bush has evolved to recover

·
Registered
82 Posts
Today we visited the exact random spot near Tallawa Dam, which was destroyed by bushfires over xmas of 2019. We visited this random spot in Feb 2020 and saw it was just destroyed. the creak was full of the chemicals the water bombers drop. We found the exact stick we accidentally took the bark off 12 months ago. The Australian bush has evolved to recover

nice ride try not to post vidos with horrible wind noise

·
Registered
164 Posts
Smooth ride. What sort of suspension has that Bird got?

·
Registered
CBR1100XX 2004 Black
12 Posts
Lol horrible wind noise..
Love the way the frame rate obscures the speedometer display ;)

·
Cougar
59 Posts

Nice vid
how and we’re is the camera mounted.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Lol horrible wind noise..
Love the way the frame rate obscures the speedometer display ;)
You may not be able to see the speedometer display, but you can tell where the tachometer needle is pointing, and have a really good idea of the speed, assuming 6th gear. My first big street bike was an '81 Honda CB900F Super Sport. In those days, there was a federal law that prohibited speedometers from having readings above 85mph. I rode so many miles at speeds above that in those days that I became quite adept at glancing at the tach and being able to tell you within 2 or 3 mph exactly how fast I was going. Just a simple math calculation. ;-)

·
Registered
380 Posts
Yes, nice video....... I've watched others with more 'horrible wind noise' than yours, but it isn't that bad considering the BB's sports screen. Certainly not worth a complaint on the forum :ROFLMAO:.........

Looks like the camera is a side of helmet mounted type, and I though I saw < legal speeds on the speedo....... looking at the scenery, with the overgrown grassy verges and narrow roads (with double lines) and sudden appearance of oncoming vehicles concealed by shade from trees and overgrown corners, you'd be nuts to treat that ride as a track day blast........ ;). I've ridden Kangaroo valley (many years ago)....... beautiful part of the world.......(y)

BTW The BB speedo (standard) has a 6% error on stock tyre sizes, so 100kph true speed = 106kph on the dash. I have a 190/50 on the rear of my 05 and it gives a 9% error as it has a smaller diameter than a 180/55, so I have to ride with nearly 110 showing on the speedo just to be traveling at the legal limit (100kph)........ or 120 for 110 limits:D...... I'm used to it and it has the effect of letting me think I'm going for it without the pressure of being pinged for speeding :LOL:. Maybe one day I'll get the speedo corrected :rolleyes:.

Reactions: pcoxx

·
Registered
CBR1100XX 2004 Black
12 Posts
Every vehicle I own except 1 is between -6 to -8% incorrect at 100kph. I have 4 mcycle & 2 4wd. “Acceptable Manufacturing Variance”...
I agree with the value of a tacho.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts