Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know what the switch is called in English but it's the red/orange switch that kills the engine or keeps it from starting that's on the right side of the handlebars. The engine will turn off if I just touch it. I don't have to push it down in either direction, I just have to come near it. It doesn't matter where on the switch, if I touch it the engine stops. Other than that it works as it should and the bike will start right up again. Has anyone else experienced something similar?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Not experienced this issue myself, but if it was me, I'd dismantle the switch and see what's happening. Some of these switches are getting very old now and may need some TLC.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not experienced this issue myself, but if it was me, I'd dismantle the switch and see what's happening. Some of these switches are getting very old now and may need some TLC.
I would do that if I knew a single thing about electrical stuff. I have a mechanic I trust that will definitely figure it out but I wanted to check with the helpful people on this site first in case it's a known, minor thing that even I might be able to fix by myself :)

·
Registered
552 Posts
Open it up, two screws on the underside and see if it looks normal inside, dust, corrosion traces, loose wires.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts