Honda CBR XX Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Hello welcome, fork oil will be needing a change if its 99 original, as well as clutch fluid, if you don't feel like doing the service jobs, take it to someone you trust.
I think one of the biggest problems is old brake fluid, the left fork leg has a secondary master cylinder attached to it, these have a very small hole inside which can become blocked, causing rear brake drag.
All the jobs are possible to do your self really, just get a manual and start reading lol.
Make sure your rubber band holding the ecm in the tail section is not perished, I have seen a few storeys of ecm problems over time because the rubber band has snapped with age, so the ecm has been able to bounce round.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Cool, but I wouldn't actually flush the oil, just change it as normal, there are to many recesses in engine's for engine flush chemicals to stay in once changed, I've never done an engine flush on any of my bikes in the 30 years, i just warm her up, take drain plug off, take oil filter off, use a very small swipe of the old engine oil on the new filter seal, tighten the filter up, then put oil drain bolt with new crush washer back on, and torque to spec, fill her up, done.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts