21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Play, it makes life fun
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Hi XXGUY
2000 miles wow what happened,did you go the long way
I wouldn't bother with a PC3 with stock pipes even with slipons
I have a set of [email protected] slipons which i like but prefer the stock cans with paper filter (OEM),seems to go better feels more compressed,Fn hammers
Had the baffles inside the cans towards the link pipe end knocked out,to let more air circulate,a little experiment which worked,not much louder but better than before(2000 model no restrictions)
good luck.
Most of that mileage was on a 20 mile round trip commute with four 90 degree corners, all country roads. they are fun if the cars don't throw gravel into the road from when they hang a tire off the road on the inside edge. Also I was going for rides with my daughter as she was learning on her rebel with her permit. this year we will definitely make it farther up into Wisconsin. Thanks for the info. seems I will spend the money on other things instead of a PCIII right now.

·
Play, it makes life fun
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Congrats..give it a good once over. I live in Quad cities and ride up around Savanna (poopy's Bar!!!!). Some nice roads up there around Galena. I'll keep an eye out for the "Redbird". Silver 02 Bird.
yes indeed, There are definitely nice roads over there. Never been to Poopy's but been by it. That is only about an hour away. I have turned off the main roads by Galena and Elizabeth and 5 hours later had to walk into a bar and ask where I was on the map that I was holding. This was before the days of GPS units and Smart phones and google maps! Beautiful over there. I have great pictures but cannot figure out how to resize them for this forum. they are all huge and you can only see a portion of them. Buying a GoPro camera this spring. need to figure out how to put links on this sight too. I am not a computer wiz!
Well they are calling for another big storm tomorrow. 3-6 inches here and more to the south. That's you! Good Luck
Spring will Come...Sometime

·
Play, it makes life fun
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Time flies by! It's been 8 years since I wrote this and have done many mods/accessorizing. Don't see a lot of the people who posted on this anymore.
RIP Canadian Bird.
He gave some of the best advice. I did ride it stock. Then figured out what I wanted to change. Never did put the peg lowering kit on it. Don't need it.

Reactions: Bigmc
21 - 23 of 23 Posts