Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I've seen a few posts about this, and started to do my own set today. The front brake line feels well short and so I thought I'd look to order a longer line. I'm not sure what part I need - I saw a part called a d-link kit that is like £140. I am hoping that is for a delinked brake set up...? I'm regretting buying the bars now, they sent the silver rather than the black I (thought) I ordered, and they have scratched as I was putti TVng them in their 'cups' (with the extra tension on the brake cable causing it to drag). Can anyone help me determine what cable I need (assuming I was correct about what d-link meant). It looks like the brake fluid cable goes through a rubber gromit (think that's the right term), where it is held in place next to what I think is the rear brake fluid pipe. Should I be biting the bullet and getting a new cable, or is it safe to unhook the cables from its current position? I'm thinking brake pipes are one of those kinda important things!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok, so I'm getting huge buyer regret :-( From the look of it, I wasn't mistaken, the brake lines ARE hugely expensive. Making the whole conversion (for me) in the £300+ range. Bollocks. I'll be putting my original bars back on and try to pretend I wanted to donate £150 to Jaws :-((

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Haha, yeah, to be fair to Jaws, they have come back with suggestions, which I will try. I was going to buy a VFR once and ditched it off for the Blackbird. Apart from being easy to fit, do you know the difference in characteristics between the stock Blackbird and the VFR clip ons? I mean, "it raises it up a half inch and less of an angle"?

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have the Jaws straight bar on my 1999 bird and all cables and hydraulic lines fit but were rerouted .

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Ok, update, have found a set of VTEC VFR800 clip ons (with the counter weights in) on eBay, so have ordered those. Fingers crossed the cables fit (I have a feeling they won't on my 2004 bird)😬

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
Yes carby cable are about 1.5 to 2 inches longer and are a bolt in.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts