Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
I hope you understand all the angst you are causing in this time of no travel!!!
Enjoy your trip and post lots of pictures! It is all we, on this side of the pond, have until we can travel there again.

·
Super Moderator
12,666 Posts
ahhhh @cbrpaul this thread has really made me realise how much I have missed not having a big European tour this year. :cry:

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Day 2
Saturnia thermal pools
Civita hilltop eroding town
Roman thermal baths
Val orcia
Italy people hardly wear masks ..they are well over the media frenzy
Day 3
Siena
Camping just 2.5 km from center can leg it in , olympic sized pool and restaurant
Various sites

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
So jealous, we should be there now on another road trip..... :( so missing Europe

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well sorry to say it but Nz and Oz govt are taking a siege mentality to covid and you are all paying the price
The swiss and swedes and dutch are smart
Herd immunity as fast as reasonably possible
You cant kill a virus its not a living thing ,that is basic o level science
Once you have created it its there forever... and the Prc wuhan research lab did a very good job of tailoring it just right
All my family have had it months ago and i was out for just 2 days ..
Be ,think, and roam free , or become a covid hermit slave
I know what i have chosen to do ..
Paul

·
Registered
208 Posts
Any idea of the death toll over there from this '2 day' flu virus? Last I heard it was horrendous.

We of the down-under world were not trying to eradicate cv19, just to suppress and control it. We did well until the Ruby Princess cruise ship incident..... :rolleyes: and then we did contact tracing really well, until our southern cousins in Victoria (who are also smart) recently took their eyes off the prize and went from a handful of deaths to several hundreds in the space of a few weeks (their dreaded 2nd wave). They now must suck it up and endure lock down again...... it's how a viral pandemic is managed..... same as 100yrs ago with the Spanish Flu (no internet conspiracies back then just hard cold quarantine).

I'm now in a compromised immunity group :(. I used to be healthy as a mallee bull, but on discovering a 90% blockage to an artery in my 'oil pump', I endured double bypass heart surgery, then, my left hip's CV joint quit :rolleyes:.....

What's left after these major surgeries feels great, but my GP, who has known me for 40yrs, tells a different story to the one you are promoting....... I'll take his professional advice in lieu of any 2 day flu experience ;).

I'm truly grateful I can get back on my bike and go for a ride, just using a bit of social distancing at :coffee: shops.

PS - I had to wear a mask for an orthopaedic consult last week.... all hospital visitors and staff had to wear them..... I'd happily wear one outside home if it were compulsory..... or if our states re-infection rate rises.

Good luck if your immune system got rid of CV19 in just 2 days - that does seem too good to be true as I also had a covid like virus for 6 days in late March..... I was shaken, but not stirred - luckily it wasn't cv19 ........TFFT.

Good luck and stay healthy (y)

Reactions: pbz1900
1 - 10 of 10 Posts