Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
before the little beggars come knocking at my door looking for candy. I have to admit they are the cutest things!!!! Along with the cold & the changing of the leaves comes Halloween and it's only a few days away. Unfortunately this holiday also marks the end of the riding season for some of us well most of us who do not have heating gear anyway. One shinning spot to this approaching winter is all the cool stuff I will be able to do to the bike while it's in the cold slumber. Some of those things include new front suspension, chain & sprockets, valve adjustment & a through cleaning. I am not so sure what I will have to write about in November because most of these projects will not start until December but I can let you all know how the trick or treating went???

·
Premium Member
5,896 Posts
Unfortunately this holiday also marks the end of the riding season for some of us well most of us who do not have heating gear anyway.
I'm gonna keep pushin'!

·
TEDZXX
1,791 Posts
I hear you bought some silver paint Strek for a little project for your Bird this winter??????

·
Premium Member
6,948 Posts
yepper... I did. Its for my bird... My bird bath in my backyard. Want to stop by and help me paint it?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Keep the faith my brothers of the Great White North. Sure it's snowing in NY today, but we're sure to get a couple of warm days in November! Suck it up, throw on the thermals, an extra jacket, and light 'em up !!!!!

·
Registered
321 Posts
Keep the faith my brothers of the Great White North. Sure it's snowing in NY today, but we're sure to get a couple of warm days in November! Suck it up, throw on the thermals, an extra jacket, and light 'em up !!!!!
I agree. I'll keep the bike handy until snowfall stops me from riding. :thumb:

·
Registered
4,853 Posts
Don't know about you guys, but this time of year the old bird sure likes that nice thick cold air....I'll bet mine makes an extra couple of ponies during those teeth gritting rides......and don't even get me started about the gixxer.

Lois

·
TEDZXX
1,791 Posts
yepper... I did. Its for my bird... My bird bath in my backyard. Want to stop by and help me paint it?

:thumb: Now you are seeing the light.......SILVER birdbath, SILVER fence, SILVER house, SILVER Blackbird....... keep on paintin dude

·
Premium Member
6,948 Posts
:thumb: Now you are seeing the light.......SILVER birdbath, SILVER fence, SILVER house, SILVER Blackbird....... keep on paintin dude
Silverbrd... I do have a silver car and a silverish SUV. Not too sure about a house in silver. Its a nice color.

·
TEDZXX
1,791 Posts
Okay, I'll fall for it....... What about the s-s-s-s-s-suzuki
Kinda got me puzzled too. You got three bikes with about three months of riding weather. You ride one each month?

·
Registered
4,853 Posts
Okay, I'll fall for it....... What about the s-s-s-s-s-suzuki

Well, I'm glad you asked there Nutter......because it goes something like this.

When it is warm (90deg), my gixxer is complete and utter hell on wheels.....when it isn't warm (50) it becomes something that older brothers talk about , to scare the crap out of there siblings....when it gets cold, this thing starts to make Atilla the Hun, look like a red cross volunteer. Throttle control no longer is something that you should practice in your spare time ...it becomes more along the lines of live or die if you don't do it right.

If the gixxer even gets a sniff of ice cold pavement it will go sideways....and I mean even if it is parked in the garage with a cover on it. The bird is about as scary as a box of kittens compaired to the gixxer in temps anything under 55 degrees.

Does this thing build more power when the air is more dense??? why just yesterday I woke up , on my back, lying in the middle of the highway because I wasn't hanging on hard enough when I went to pass someone.

Yesterday I was leaving Red Deer and gave it a little to much gas pulling out into traffic, and I lost it so bad, that even a bus load of young school girls were pointing and laughing at me , because I girlie screamed so loud.

Hell, this time of year, it is not unusual for me to have to stop two or three times on the way home from town, rub my naked body with red clay and blue berry juice, then sacrifice a small rooster, or lamb, to appease the road gods to grant me safe passage.....and I'm not kidding.

So there you have it Nutter....you asked....

Lois

·
Registered
4,853 Posts
Oh yea I did miss count. Forgot the red ones counted!!! HAHA!!

Ha............

Ha.............

Ha.

listen here you pair of inbread droolers.....right now, I only have the XX and the gixxer.....as I wouldn't be caught dead on that old crap anymore....

Dah........

Retards

Jeez.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts