Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my new (to me) BB a few days ago and just noticed the the guard on the left foot peg is broken off. I'm worried about my jeans possibly getting caught in the chain while riding. I'm thinking that would be bad.. Thoughts?

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
podría ser peligroso. tendrías que reemplazar o si tenés
la oreja se puede soldar 🤚❌❌

·
Play, it makes life fun
2,018 Posts
Can't be good and if you're worried then replace it and have peace of mind.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
380 Posts
:D....... don't wear those old 80's flares again unless you tuck them into your boots :LOL:.........

Probably not an issue as jeans rise up somewhat as you sit into the BB crouch so do a trial sit and observe where the cuff of the jeans rests while sitting in the full riding position....... I'm guessing it won't be a problem, but...........

(y)

·
Registered
319 Posts
besides replacing that, i'd encourage proper boots, they provide a safe place to tuck the pant legs...

then again, jeans aren't really proper riding gear anyway.

welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
380 Posts
:D...... they can be if they are kevlar reinforced, and the rider wears added knee/shin armour and hip pads.

But as always, ride accordingly...... full leathers with airbag vest is the gold standard, but a crash still hurts ;)

·
Registered
302 Posts
Welcome aboard fellow fighter pilot!
like Aussie said... Unless your wearing purple bell bottoms:LOL:. U should be okay! But! Safety first! Boots AND leathers!

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
I'd get one, if for no reason than the one you have looks like ass. If you can't find one, I'm sure someone here can help. I know I have a couple around here.

·
Daniel
26 Posts
Just got my new (to me) BB a few days ago and just noticed the the guard on the left foot peg is broken off. I'm worried about my jeans possibly getting caught in the chain while riding. I'm thinking that would be bad.. Thoughts?
Aussie Dave is right, but I would fix it if it was mine, Try extending the chain guard forward. MOST important is your chain guard, that must be as per original length to protect you from chain whipping up if it breaks, my chain broke once at high speed, luckily the chain guard took most of the impact, Luckily I did not have a pillion on the back, because the chain ripped a massive hole in me rear spoiler, and luckily the chain did not jamb, it just dropped out, and I had to fetch it about 2km back on the freeway. So I am extremely cautious of the chain. Always buy the best chain you can possible.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts