Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Oh no, it's true. they set up check points with tow trucks waiting and shutdown an entire highway to one lane for a couple of hours as they purposely try and make bike lane split and they stop any and all bikes even if you have a visible inspection sticker and current regi sticker. I'm lucky I guess i've either blown through em,(they aren't smart enough 2 have cars waiting down the highway after they create an empty autobahn by stopping traffic),talked my way out of a handful of tickets at them, or avoided them just in the nick of time. I've only had a motorcycle licence for like 2 years and have been riding 5. They impound the bike if you don't have a licence I talked my way out of it once by being in full leathers on a 90+degree day. They impound bikes with intergrated turn signals,they impound bikes with single head lights,pretty much any sort of equipment violation if the sergant running the road block got smoked by a bike the night b4 or didn't get laid they will impound it as being unsafe and unfit for public roads. I had a hell of a time telling em the Zx-6e turn signals are intergrated stock(which they are).Me personally I'll never stop again.
Tri State Sportbikes dot Com - Bob broke rule #1 of Bob NSFW text
Long story short,stopped for no reason,bike impounded for ridingwithout a motorcylce licence even though I had 1,next day called friends father who is an ex-nypd chief and went down to precient and was blown.
Other peoples horror stories
Tri State Sportbikes dot Com - Belt Parkway; NYPD does a 360...
Tri State Sportbikes dot Com - Got pulled over on the GCP - 7/10
Tri State Sportbikes dot Com - Its not just sportbikes anymore....
Tri State Sportbikes dot Com - Coney Island Run By The Nypd Gang !!!! ???
Cops stopping traffic forcing bikes 2 lane split in 90degree heat and then writing tickets
Tri State Sportbikes dot Com - I have seen it all...HEADS UP
The AMA is involved
Tri State Sportbikes dot Com - This whole N.Y. bike pulling over harassment business
Peurto rican day parade look down of queens for all motorcycles
Tri State Sportbikes dot Com - Puertorican day parade .::Cops VS Riders::. Venting !!
The city council a couple of years back tried baning motorcycles in NYC

Another checkpoint post acouple of days ago
Alert: Check Point! - Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum
More posts of harrasment
Full Force POPO on GCP this morning - Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum
City hwy - Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum

Long story short Highway patrol is a bunch of incompent morons who couldn't catch a cold. They pose more of a danger then all the speeding bikes in the world combined. I watched one cop run a car off the highway and send it spinning after a motorcycle blew by and the cop was hidden up the entrance ramp to the highway and tried merging across 2 lanes of traffic without looking. He kept on going as the car spun and kicked up a cloud of dust which he would have realized if he ever checked his mirrors... Needless to say a few miles down the road hewas sitting on the shoulder twiddling his thumbs cause the onlything he caught were 311 complaints... Thank god the driver he forced off the road was half decent and didn't hit anything or anyone. NY cops are by far worse then anywhere save maybe for Virginia as far as bikes are concerned and even though theres a no chase policy they will pull out after you even if you just went by at 180+ and they have no chance in hell of catching you in their shiny little chargers.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I think this stuff is happening because of the poor economy... it seems anything to generate revenue for the city. I live in a quiet neighborhood. Now why would there be 5 police officers on bikes pulling every other person over that drove down the posted 25mph main street into said neighborhood?? -Revenue! Very sad.

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have noticed increased LEO activity in the burg I live in near Atlanta. Pulling people over for turn signals, seat belts, anything to generate revenue.

During my 70 mile cool morning ride today, I tipped over into triple digits a couple of times, and was thankful none of the sheriff's deputies were on the prowl. I know a couple of them, so maybe I can finagle my way out of a fine?

The safety inspections went away here years ago. It's all emission inspections now, and has been only that since the mid 80s. You would not believe what POS cars and bikes are on the road, but hey, they are legal since they aren't spewing fumes!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Guys and gals listen up. Most NYPD cops dont like summonsing bikes. It isnt just to generate revinue either. Its all numbers, when the big boss askes whats being done about all these bike accidents, all that they can do is stop the bikes and make sure all is well. Who the hell rides in the city anyway? Bent rims and terrible drivers.:thumbd:

·
Registered
14,013 Posts
I don't even ride in Van, anylonger. Just a "out of town" route. Now is the time for road blocks. It's illegal to talk/text while driving but many do it. Standard checks are for seat belts, and now for drinking. The laws here are very tough now. I have no issues b/c way too many cronic drinking/drivers on the road. FWITSW, a woman who was found guilty for drinking and driving and killing a child was found guilty and will receive her sentence today. (off topic) a guy just received 6 years for a hate crime, punching out a "gay" man. I'm not fond of that thread, I admit. OK, I think I ripped this thread.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts