Honda CBR XX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to share some impressions and ask for information. My buddies and I went for a ride in Western Mass and So VT and we all swapped bikes at times. Of course you know how the story is going to go because I'm preaching to the choir. I got to ride an S1000rr, and an 05 Hayabusa and a Superduke. I was impressed with the other bikes and especially liked the violence of the BMW and Suzuki engines and the KTM's crazy mix of dirtbike ergonomics & ultra high-end suspension (really advanced components). In the end, though, I felt the KTM was down one notch on quality and the BMW and Suzuki down two compared to the Honda. They were all different and all advanced but I would still chose the Honda. (I tell you gents, Hondas for 30 years - hard not to find fault with other marques.) So, I've been looking for a smaller companion for the Bird. I'm considering the BMW in spite of its unfinished feel but I'm wondering how much truth there is to the rumor of a 2012 v4 replacement for the cbr1000rr. Has anyone heard about that?

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Haven't heard that rumour yet. Sounds interesting though.

·
NEED WORK!
7,451 Posts
Sure man! 100% with you on this!
:popcorn: is for the anticipation of the new v4 blade!!!!
;)

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What do you know! I just got my copy of Motor Cyclist and page 26 has an article that "Honda us planning to revive the RVF model name as soon as 2012 with an all new 1000cc V4-powered superbike called the RVF1000R". According to this article, it's going to be a limited production offering at twice the price of the CBR1000rr serving as a new platform for production racing. The powerplant will be derrived from the VFR1200 and even more undersquare than the BMW S1000rr.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts