Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So finally getting around to bringing the bird back to its former glory. The new OEM nosecone arrived a few days ago and I took some time today after work to remove the old one that cracked back in 2013 and the repair sid not hold up well.

The new cone does not come with the metal insert on the tabs where you bolt in the headlight. I am trying to remove the ones from the old nosecone but those thing look like they are not reusable.

Can anyone confirm that I need to buy new clips or is there a way to reuse the old ones?

·
Registered
7,362 Posts
MD
You should be able to reuse them let me check my spares here and see how to release them. I'm wanting to say you should be able to slightly pry them open and slid them off. But I'll verify that tomorrow and get back.

·
Registered
432 Posts
They also have a locking tab. I had to pry mine open to slide them off. Be careful not to bend the clip too much otherwise they could break at the narrowest part. The are fiddly but they are reusable.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, gents. I tried to do that for a little bit last night but they are pretty securely fastened. I will try again tonight after work. For $500USD, you'd think that nosecone would come ready to install.

·
Registered
7,362 Posts
MD
You'll have to spread them on the side you see a bit. There's a set of claws that set in to pockets. If you don't open them up enough they will try and grab the plastic and dig in. I'd try spreading the clips using the plastic as a backer. Once there out you can close them back up before you slide them back on. Try prying/spreading closer to the looped end. It's possible its tempered and may not want to move to easily. Another option would be to slide a piece of cardboard or plastic between the fairing and the clip to help you sliding it off.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts