1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
I'm Still Smiling...
610 Posts
Oooo Long Beach Dec 8th-10th......:eyebrows::clap:

·
Registered
210 Posts
I can't go so please take some pics and post'um here for me. I used to go most years, boy I miss that. it's a bummer having a bad hip!:thumbd: but soon it will be fixed...

·
Registered
145 Posts
Could someone look for something there for me that I didn't get at the Cleveland show??

There was a patch vendor there that had a great big set (like back of jacket size) of Honda wings for like $50, & a big circular Hayabusa one for like $25. I don't know if he was a local guy, or if he's travelling with the show (forgot to get his card) but I'd like to hook up with him if he's in ChyTown. Could you grab his info for me so I can contact him?? Thanx a bunch! :thumb:

Gonna break this out in it's own thread as well for more visibility

·
Registered
36 Posts
Lots of interesting stuff, but I was surprised that Triumph was absent. Even Hyodung had a display.

The CBR600RR looks VERY nice in the white/silver color. The retro VFR looks good too, but not enough to get past the "vtec" and lack of gear driven cams.

The Yamaha display had a few racebikes, one of which was the M1.

Ducati had several new models, but no Desmosedici. They had the 1098 in red, and the 1098S in Tricolore, and red/carbon. The Hypermotard looks pretty tasty, too. The coolest bike in their area though had to be the NCR "New Blue".

BMW had the HP2, the new F800's, and R1200S. They also had a drawing/contest, winner gets their pick of any bike they make. That might be a tough decision.

The Mito 500 was in the MV Agusta display area. Not sure if it's coming to the US or not.

There were a lot of motards (even BMW has an F650 based motard now), but the 'priller 550 looks like a fun bike. Small, too.

Also there was the usual crop of "custom choppers" everywhere, the only one that I though was even remotely interesting was one that looked like it had a chrome skeleton draped across it. THAT looks like practical transportation.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Thank you for the pics, the retro Vffr paint takes me back (had an 86) but I agree Vtec:thumbd: can't waite to see a 1098 in person. would have liked to go and meet some of ya'll well some other time I guess.
crazy cool chopper in a world whare they all look the same that one was slick!!

·
Registered
818 Posts
Yeah...but it looks like you're fucking a dead guy every time you ride it.:hmm:

·
Registered
210 Posts
Yeah...but it looks like you're fucking a dead guy every time you ride it.:hmm:
You mean they actually(sp) ride those things:rotfl: :rotfl:
everyone I know who built a custom can't actually(sp) ride it far or long before something falls off!!

·
Flyin' Lo and Free
686 Posts
Probably going on Sat. the 7th. Who all is going and meeting up where?? Cheers.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Several of the out-of-towners are staying Friday and Saturday nights at the LaQuinta Inn in Hoffman Estates. The address of the hotel is 2280 Barrington Road, Hoffman Estates, Illinois, 60195 and the phone number is 1.847.882.3312

It's about two miles from the Buffalo Wild Wings we've all met at before and is right off of I-90. I was quoted $59 a night and $53 if you're a AAA member.

·
Flyin' Lo and Free
686 Posts
Probably going on Sat. the 7th. Who all is going and meeting up where?? Cheers.
I will be going now and not getting there until 3pm. Would like to hook up with some fellow 'bird pilots. Post up where you are gonna be and when. Thought I'd pass along some discount codes from the other XX site. I used one today and saved a few bucks.

MOTOR2

WRN

BAMS

CMRA

BMWMOA

I used the BMWMOA and got 3 bucks off each ticket. The others are worth 2 bucks I believe. Hope this helps some of you. See ya at the show. Cheers.

·
Premium Member
6,950 Posts
I'm planning on going but for me its looking more like Friday or Sunday. Not sure yet. I'm trying to arrange my schedule to take Friday off but that is still up in the air. I have some other family plans so I won't be able to make it on Saturday. It sounds like most of the folks from both sites are planning on going on Saturday.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts