Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all .
im just coming to the end of a full restoration .
bike was running when stripped down with no problems.
new 8 months later bike is all back together just got to sort the paint job. but my big problem is
when i turn the key all the the lights on the dash light up apart from the little green light with the key next to it.
shit i thought . ok it might just be the bulb. so dropped the tank back on and whet do you know.
the pump isn't priming she will turn over but no spark.
i know birds can suffer with the immobilizer just shitting on you at any time.
iv cleaned all the connectors checked the earth .
i take it the HISS isn't reading the chip in the key or the ECU has gone tits up
just wanted to no if there is a run-a-round i could do . but i think it might be easier to get a new wiring loom with ecu and keys.
any help

·
Registered
380 Posts
Try your other key 1st...... it just might be a damaged key. (y)

I'm not sure the BB deserves a reputation for immobilizer failures - my HISS is working fine 16yrs and 129k kms (80k mls) down the road :D

·
Super Moderator
12,814 Posts
the pump isn't priming she will turn over but no spark.
iv cleaned all the connectors checked the earth .
Whilst I'm not doubting you this is exactly the issue I had when I first tried to start my (now) supercharged Bird after rebuilding it from a wreck.
It took me 3 cleans of every connector, sensor and control before it started. After every clean I was convinced everything was spotless, obviously not!
I even had the pump priming, engine turning but no spark.
It only takes one low/wrong voltage to be read by the ECM and the bike won't start.

Never did find out which item was proving 'troublesome' but the bike hasn't missed a beat since.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, my 2006 Bird just had the issue of fuel pump not priming, HISS and FI light on. When I turned the handlebars
it would come good. It was one of the four wires going from HISS to the wiring harness. The wire was broken internally.

·
Super Moderator
12,814 Posts
When I turned the handlebars
it would come good. It was one of the four wires going from HISS to the wiring harness. The wire was broken internally.
Well done for finding the issue. This is often caused by owners being too 'tidy' and zip tying the cables too tight, double check that there is plenty of slack available.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts