Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
WB9YPA
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thanks to sdillinger, the ride from Lowell, Indiana to Dunn, Indiana and back was a real hoot. It was a nice 2 hour 45 minute (120 mile) round trip down US41 and we couldn't have asked for a nicer day to ride. We made a stop for some gas and we both needed to find a watering hole a couple of times. :rotfl:

Man, that Black '03 bird of Dave's sure looks sweet! I actually got goosebumps looking at it in the parking lot. :thumb:

Hopefully next time our ride will be joined by Dave's dad and the BB owner RkyBby from Dyer, Indiana. I bet Strek would be in on it too if we make it a little closer to Chitown.

Almost forgot... Dave, tell your wife thanks for sparing you some time for the ride. :cool:

-mike-

·
Premium Member
5,896 Posts
You get around, don'tcha Mike? :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
sorry I missed you guys......Dave should have called. I would have loved to have rode with you guys......who's up for Portage this Wed

·
Registered
40 Posts
sorry I missed you guys......Dave should have called. I would have loved to have rode with you guys......who's up for Portage this Wed
Sorry man it was a last minute deal. VM called and said "I get out of church in Lowell in 30 minutes, wanna put in 100 miles?" Technically, he was working, as we had to ride out to a radio tower in the middle of a farm field to pull some part numbers off some equipment.

He's in Lowell quite a bit so we should put something together.

I'm down for Portage or Downer's Grove again on Weds. weather permitting. I was ready last week but the forecast told me to take the car to work.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I was in the car myself.....besides the wife had to work.....
MotoGP......Indy the 27th - 29.... I'm there who's coming???????????
and as far as Wed we can do both....we can get with bill to see how many guys will be there

·
Premium Member
6,950 Posts
Yes I would love to go for a ride with you guys. I've been finding it hard to find the time to ride this summer. Most of my riding has been commutes to work and some day rides on weekends. Too much traveling for work lately. Have two more trips coming up in August. Yes I would love to go if my schedule allows.

·
WB9YPA
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
You get around, don'tcha Mike? :)
Yes indeed! Unfortunately, most of the miles I put on her are a result of using the bike for work detail. :crap:

Like Dave was commenting, the trip we took was out to a radio station in the middle of nowhere to get a part no. for a capacitor in the transmitter. The trip goes so much faster when your riding with another XX owner and sdillinger is especially an excellent rider. :thumb:

·
Registered
781 Posts
If there is a group getting together at Cheese Burger in Downers grove, I would be interested in taking a ride down there.

·
WB9YPA
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes I would love to go for a ride with you guys. I've been finding it hard to find the time to ride this summer. Most of my riding has been commutes to work and some day rides on weekends. Too much traveling for work lately. Have two more trips coming up in August. Yes I would love to go if my schedule allows.
Just what is it with us working class types? Let me see if I can guess.
Probably supporting the ones that can work but won't. :mad:

·
WB9YPA
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If there is a group getting together at Cheese Burger in Downers grove, I would be interested in taking a ride down there.
Depending on what day that would be (if my bike is done at the garage) I could maybe make that. Would like to meet up with Strek and the others too.

·
Premium Member
6,950 Posts
Just what is it with us working class types? Let me see if I can guess.
Probably supporting the ones that can work but won't. :mad:

Yepper. It seems to be the way it goes. I have to say that I feel very fortunate to have a good job but its a lot of hours and lately a lot of travel. Let me know what you guys are planning and I'll try and make it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
At the gas station. Hope Mike doesnt mind I posted pictures of his bike...NAKED :evilaugh:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts