Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Those are your standard bars. Take the risers out and adjust the fork tubes and bars per your service msnual. Then sell the risers.

·
Registered
257 Posts
G'day @squid ,

How'd you go removing those riser blocks? Did you leave the forks raised up about 6mm over the stock bar clamps instead of dropping them all the way onto the circlip ring (and have you checked the headlight aim)?

How did those riser blocks work? They look like they would affect the steering geometry/cause the forks to bottom out on the mudguard, as they appear to cause the forks to be pulled up too far through the steering head clamps...... Has your BB been lowered at the back for a height challenged rider? Did it work out ok returning back to stock settings?

I have 2" Heli bars on my 05BB and they are just right for me. They have designed in a 6mm fork rise (thicker clamp collar) and my BB steers beautifully.

(y)

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
The forks won't have been moved. The standard fork cap is exchanged for an extended one that the riser sits over and then the standard 'bar. All you need is a pair of standard fork caps to go bank to standard. Hope that makes sense.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Cheers @squid .......... I see you're in Perth........ I'm a bit more local than silverja1866 and could be interested in your riser kit - if you want to sell.......

Does it require longer brake & clutch lines?

I have a set of Helibars which use the stock lines, but every time I do anything with the front end I lose the position adjustment as Helibars have no lug to fit into the steering head plate locator. Also I'm border line on having to sell the BB due body issues, but your risers might just save me from parting with my 05BB.....

PS My Helibars actually only raise my bars by the thickness of the bar tube, but they swing the tube up more like a flat bar than the stock clip on's which are angled downwards. They may be of interest to you if that's the issue you have with your raiser kit and stock bars.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts