Honda CBR XX Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
That looks like a great ST!!! Well done!!
I told you to watch for speeding tickets....I found they are a pretty quick bike on the highway.
You have to love the windshield :plus1:

Reactions: XXGUY

·
Registered
878 Posts
Congrats on the new bike. My husband and I spent an afternoon chasing a guy on an ST1300 on Rt. 50 from Montrose to Cañon City, CO last June. Speeds were a bit... let's just say extreme.

We never were quite able to catch up to him, but managed to keep him in sight. While some of it was due to him being a local and probably more familiar with the road, that ST really flew. We had a ball chasing him! It was one of the on-bike highlights of our trip.

I hope you and your wife enjoy your journeys on it!

·
Play, it makes life fun
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
That looks like a great ST!!! Well done!!
I told you to watch for speeding tickets....I found they are a pretty quick bike on the highway.
You have to love the windshield lus1:
The speed limit was 70 and 75. I was cold and if someone wanted to go faster I just followed them. Yes had to adjust the windshield but got it dialed in finally
Just have to jump in here as I'm so pleased with my ST1300.....I have heard about issues with a wobble but I don't have one at all....and neither does my friend with his ST
I have owned and ridden Gold Wings and they are a gorgeous travelling machine obviously but I have to say I like my ST even better (I think because it's a little lighter to throw around)
.....the only change I made was having the stock seat cut out so I sat a little lower and she's golden.
The electric windshield on the ST is absolutely remarkable....at its highest position it's like sitting in your living room....the removable bags carry lots of cargo plus the
Givi top bag carries more than you need.
ST1300 is a sport touring bike like the BB
ST....80% touring 20% sport
CBR1100xx....20% touring and 80% sport...just my opinion.
Whichever way you go you'll have a great time....just had to throw in my vote as I'm so happy with my 2 bikes.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Reactions: Maplexx

·
Play, it makes life fun
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Congrats on the new bike. My husband and I spent an afternoon chasing a guy on an ST1300 on Rt. 50 from Montrose to Cañon City, CO last June. Speeds were a bit... let's just say extreme.

We never were quite able to catch up to him, but managed to keep him in sight. While some of it was due to him being a local and probably more familiar with the road, that ST really flew. We had a ball chasing him! It was one of the on-bike highlights of our trip.

I hope you and your wife enjoy your journeys on it!
Gina,
It will take some time and practice in the corners. It feels like a strange beast right now. CBR was the same way too. Not anymore. ..so once I learn the characteristics of the 1300 we will see!!.

·
Play, it makes life fun
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I liked the looks of the Honda Pan-European box. It's big too. The fact that it had ABS. The guys shop was immaculate and orderly. He kept the bike under a cover plugged into a charger/tender. He put H4 bulbs in and they are bright. He ordered and put on the European speaker boxes. Won't use them as I can put my custom made ear plugs on and use Pandora or FM on my Sena 20s. Tires are good but the front has a profile that I don't like. It's squared off from a lot of hwy miles and not enough time in corners. PR4 in its future for sure. He had the seat worked over and it was OK for 350 miles on a cold night but it may get changed out sometime. Have to read the owners and shop manual and learn all about it for maintenance. Awww darn! :) the guy put some toggle switches in a fairing pocket for a garage door opener. Really sharp work. ..still always a bit nervous when an electrical mod is done. The guy is an airplane mechanic for jets so should be good.

·
Play, it makes life fun
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I now have almost 6000 miles on the ST. Only Mod I did was put on Helibar Horizons on it. Did it all myself with Maverick (9 or 10 at the time) and they are about perfect for me. This thing really snakes around the corners. Very surprised how well. It took a new set of PR4s to wake it up. Took a pot load of weight to balance the rear assembly but it is a shaft bike and has a lot of mass. Smooth though now it is done. Loved my Nomar balancer and tire changer.
Gina,
I can completely understand how you chased one for a day and didn't quite catch it.

Reactions: GinaMcD

·
Play, it makes life fun
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Update: Bought a 2015 wing in spring of 19. Spring of 2020 gave the ST to the son as a wedding present. Was sad to see it go but I needed the room. I tour long distance on the BB now. Wife told me to get a wing. Garage is crowded and now I get to see/hear about my son and his wife going out on rides in Idaho and Wyoming.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts