Honda CBR XX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys and Gals,

Maybe a silly question, by bird has 63,000 miles on it and just recently the clutch seems a bit weird, occasionally when I pull the lever it feels a bit stiff and doesn't travel as easy as it used too, also it now seems to engage at the end of the lever travel which I also think is new but never really noticed before until the stiffness fault developed so it may have done that for a while

My question is how do I know if my clutch is on it way out, I don't believe it's had new clutch plates and there is no sign of clutch slip, with a cable clutch you get an idea by cable adjustment, but how do you know with a self adjusting hydraulic clutch?

Apologies if this is really obvious :)

Cheers

N

·
Registered
14,013 Posts
Bird clutches are known for their longevity and many drag race using the oem clutch. Not many folks have posted that they have blown their clutch. Mine has 210,000 kms or touring on it, trouble free. Perhaps your clutch needs some adj. I'm using Pazzo levers and have barely touched them in several years. A bit of lube is all. PS, there are no silly questions except the ones not asked. Seldom is anything obvious even the obvious.

·
Registered
14,013 Posts
Buy yourself a Hanes work book for your year, $35-25 on E Bay. It will prove very valuable. You can also download from the site.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

·
Resident Eh?hole.
17,177 Posts
First place I would look is at the pushrod. It is prone to getting a heavy build-up of chain fling and will stick when moving through the seal.
Pull the drive sprocket cover off (holds the slave cylinder) remove the pushrod and drive sprocket and give everything a good cleaning.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts