Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Corbin smuggler saddle... I like the fact that I can't take a second rider, I'd get requests to go for a ride on my V-Max, but not having a second seat, 86's any thought of a joy ride.

That little trunk is soooo cool, it holds my gloves (It does get cold here in So. Flo once in a while) some kleenex tissues, and rain suit which keeps my tank bag free for other stuff.

Add to that the bird just looks correct with the smuggler on it. The one bad thing... it slaps the family jewels pretty hard going over RR tracks or other bump :)

Anyone else have a smuggler? Like / no like?

·
Registered
776 Posts
Hi Gnappi,

I've got a Smuggler too and my insurance excludes pillions (so slightly cheaper by about 10%). That said, I know what you mean re the corbin seat being hard on the tackle!

I have three seats. The Smuggler, the OEM (re-covered by Top Sellerie inc gel and heating elements front and rear) and another Top Sellerie (extra gel, no heaters).

Like you I love the compartment. Dislike the hardness of seat but also its width/ edges… too wide too harsh on tge inner thighs.

I do however miss the pillion option and my heater. So I've set myself the task to meld all three seats into one. The Smuggler back half unbolts from the hard front. So I plan to somehow halve the OEM, extract the heaters and use the third seat to upholster the combo.

So quite a few things to work out to get gel'd, heated Smuggler with pillion pad. I think I'll call it Project Frankster (bolting half of Frankenstein to half of Monster). Wish me luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts