Honda CBR XX Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Have you got any more photos of how it all connects? I can only see two cables going in to the bulbs.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Hi Greg,

Long story short, I tried the indicators direct to a spare battery and they worked fine.....thought 'sod it' and by-passed the bulb type plugs/bulb sockets so more or less hard wired it in and it works very well, there must of been an issue somewhere as they wouldn't work as 'plug and play' One tip if anyone is considering this mod', my LED bulbs have a rubber base and were a little slack in the indicator housing, by using the rubber from the original bulb holder they push in and fit very snug.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Don't quite understand the workings of that kit Zip. Does the bulb base type connector go into the existing socket that the standard indicator bulb goes in to? What have you wired the live feed to?

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
One thing I noticed when I did mine, because I had some spare cables already terminated with the OEM indicator connectors on from my 600, the earth and power where the opposite way on the bird.

So it could be that the plug and play kit is wired up to work with most Honda's but the blackbird is wired opposite.

I hope that makes sense because it does in my head

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Hi Greg,

Long story short, I tried the indicators direct to a spare battery and they worked fine.....thought 'sod it' and by-passed the bulb type plugs/bulb sockets so more or less hard wired it in and it works very well, there must of been an issue somewhere as they wouldn't work as 'plug and play' One tip if anyone is considering this mod', my LED bulbs have a rubber base and were a little slack in the indicator housing, by using the rubber from the original bulb holder they push in and fit very snug.
Just re-read this and see that you have it working now.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
It's an easy install, (I already had a nearby feed in situ), even simpler if it had been plug and play.......either way if you are prepared to wait a few weeks it's a nice little mod' for £8!

21 - 35 of 35 Posts