Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear BB drivers,

I have currently bought a BB from 97.
It wont run very well so I lifted the tank up.
I wonder if the hoses are correct connected.

2 fuel lines from the tank to the carburateurs.
1 small lines from the engines to the fueltank gestapt
1 line for bleed the tank.
1 overflow line.

But at the carburateurs are 2 fat lines who are not connected.
Can somebody help me with a drawing hoe to connect.

Of I put compresse air in those 2 hoses the engine will run fine. But without it will not run.

With regards, Griekel

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
Also note: There is a "auto shut off" petcock on the underside of the fuel tank. Engine run vacuum is required to open the diaphragm on the petcock to allow fuel to flow from the tank to the carb float bowls.

T.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also note: There is a "auto shut off" petcock on the underside of the fuel tank. Engine run vacuum is required to open the diaphragm on the petcock to allow fuel to flow from the tank to the carb float

Thnx! The engine get benzine. But 1 side wont flow. Wen I blow air into the airbreather hose than the engine will run as it belong. So I think that the seal from the fueltank is broken or a rubber in the carburateur is broken. Engine had a long still standing time.
Its a vacuüm problem.

·
Super Moderator
8,157 Posts
Or the carbs are crudded up. Looks like you may have a rebuild in your future judging byt the forced air clearing up the running issue. Especially since just mentioned it had been parked for a while. They don't take well to being parked for long periods.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes. I cleaned the inside from the undersite off the carburateurs. Also the flootneedle Chambers. Tommorow I will open the upper side too check the rubbers. The gastank membrane is new. I let you know if I find something strange.
Thx for the reactions.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts