Honda CBR XX Forum banner

6121 - 6140 of 6144 Posts

·
Registered
785 Posts
Ah, I didn't paint it black. In this case, I was not talking about the color spectrum, I was talking about the color of the plastic before painting. It appears as though if you scratch the paint off of the plastic, it's black underneath. My assumption is that as speed increased, the friction and heat simply burns off the other colors, leaving behind the black appearance....

Previous owner painted it black. I believe he said he was tired of getting passed by black bikes, so he decided to increase his overall performance.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Ah, I didn't paint it black. In this case, I was not talking about the color spectrum, I was talking about the color of the plastic before painting. It appears as though if you scratch the paint off of the plastic, it's black underneath. My assumption is that as speed increased, the friction and heat simply burns off the other colors, leaving behind the black appearance....

Previous owner painted it black. I believe he said he was tired of getting passed by black bikes, so he decided to increase his overall performance.

Real Good one there whmjr!!!!
and well thought out.

Black on Black is where it at.:)

Stex, out

·
Registered
7,001 Posts
Hahahahaha

·
just do it
5,669 Posts

OMG how many times do I have to go back and forth to explain this debilitating illness .Blacks the undercoat which is correct,as the atmospheric pressure rises and causes a metabolic reaction it then penetrates the dark (black) cells which in turn create a reaction unseen by the human eye. But ? always a but ,this can be checked by a high powered telescope lens under infer-red molecules , which shows the slowing speed under radar.
Which can be checked by satellite gps tracking,which clearly shows 2 bikes 1 black and lets say ahh ahhh Blue the black struggles to keep up even going down hill.
Please take this as gospel and is currently under copyright.
If anymore explanations are required ,your please focus your attention to Readers Digest ,or I can come back the 3rd time but I won't be so nice next time.:rant:

·
Registered
354 Posts
I shall leave this to the power and unreserved integrity of the interweb and mr google. Type "fastest mortorcycles" into google hit images and look. Every time I did this the percentage of black bikes was always.. always greater - Blue?? I saw one bike that had blue rims in one search once ....once .. just saying .. The interweb never lies

·
Registered
7,001 Posts
Gosh this is still going on? After I provided proof of why Black is the fastest?
The crazy Black Blackbird riding Gerbil killer is back, Hahahahaha

My Slow Blue Slug, 05 Blue Bird, Is so slow, I need to have three smokes now, waiting for all you fast coloured Blackbirds to catch up,

80,000 Kays and its still running so boringly reliably,

I HAVE A Metzler 01 on the rear, Angel GT on the front, hahaha and im running car oil,

Did I miss some thing, Hahahaha

·
Premium Member
6,950 Posts
The crazy Black Blackbird riding Gerbil killer is back, Hahahahaha

My Slow Blue Slug, 05 Blue Bird, Is so slow, I need to have three smokes now, waiting for all you fast coloured Blackbirds to catch up,

80,000 Kays and its still running so boringly reliably,

I HAVE A Metzler 01 on the rear, Angel GT on the front, hahaha and im running car oil,

Did I miss some thing, Hahahaha

There you are my slow riding blue bird friend. It took a long time for you to respond just like it takes you a long time to get anywhere on the blue contraption. Hard to believe it is actually a CBR1100XX. Ha Ha How are things down under?

·
Registered
7,001 Posts
Very good down here Mate, I thought this thread had died, Hahahaha,

It appears that the windy city hasnt blown you away,

Hope your life is good for you,

Cheers, Brian,

Reactions: Strek

·
Registered
237 Posts
I hate to have to be the one to clear all this up, but it seems that somebody needs to...

All the transverse electromagnetic waves (read "colours" in the parlance of your brains interpretation of its sensory input) in vacuum have the same speed of ≈3⋅108m/s . Red light has a lower frequency (longer wavelength), while violet light has a higher frequency (shorter wavelength). In a non-vacuum medium, the speed of light is different for different wavelengths. Short wavelengths are slowed down more than long wavelengths, so the violet end of the visible spectrum is slowed down more than red end.It might be inferred therefor that red is the fastest colour (through a medium, such as the atmosphere of our rather splendid planet)...

Except of course that as black is not a colour but an absence of light, it's already arrived whilst you red owners are still on your way ;)

·
just do it
5,669 Posts
I hate to have to be the one to clear all this up, but it seems that somebody needs to...

All the transverse electromagnetic waves (read "colours" in the parlance of your brains interpretation of its sensory input) in vacuum have the same speed of ≈3⋅108m/s . Red light has a lower frequency (longer wavelength), while violet light has a higher frequency (shorter wavelength). In a non-vacuum medium, the speed of light is different for different wavelengths. Short wavelengths are slowed down more than long wavelengths, so the violet end of the visible spectrum is slowed down more than red end.It might be inferred therefor that red is the fastest colour (through a medium, such as the atmosphere of our rather splendid planet)...

Except of course that as black is not a colour but an absence of light, it's already arrived whilst you red owners are still on your way ;)
OMG are we related.
True about black not being a color though.

·
Premium Member
6,950 Posts
Very good down here Mate, I thought this thread had died, Hahahaha,

It appears that the windy city hasnt blown you away,

Hope your life is good for you,

Cheers, Brian,
Still here mate. The windy city will tax us all into fleeing before we get blown away. Ha Ha

·
Registered
450 Posts
Irrespective of the colour it's the cahonas of the rider that makes a difference, the rest is a load of bollocks. lol.

·
follically challenged
10,716 Posts
Irrespective of the colour it's the cahonas of the rider that makes a difference, the rest is a load of bollocks. lol.
Youngster with less than 1k postings - I´m not sure if you have your bike long enough for even knowing its top paint.

Erm... top speed I wanted to say.

As a reference: Have a look at my post whore counter. ;)

·
Registered
444 Posts
Mate, I'm telling ya it's fact, black is definitely faster and what I can absolutely confirm is, when I polish the Blackbird it goes that much harder that I can barely hang onto it (Blackbird, that's the bike to be clear!)

·
Registered
450 Posts
Youngster with less than 1k postings - I´m not sure if you have your bike long enough for even knowing its top paint.

Erm... top speed I wanted to say.

As a reference: Have a look at my post whore counter. ;)
No youngster, 74 this year, Birdy owner 15 years. Hardly use Forum, too busy riding the fekkin thing across Europe. Dolomites June, Spain September. It's not how big yer score is, it's what you do with yer Bike.

·
Daniel
27 Posts
No! This is actually a very tricky subject. Black is the colour of the night, and Ghosts move in the night, Ghost are fastest, all other colours are visible at night except black.
But 11dblex's explanation could also hold some water.

P.S., my bike is also black, and it's got polished rims, which makes it another 10km/h faster.:unsure::eek:

·
Super Moderator
8,841 Posts
Ok I'm here to finally lay this debate to rest. I did some suspension fine tuning today on my Titanium Blackbird and during a high speed run I attained such a high rate of velocity that I turned the nose of my beloved BB Blue from the heat generated traveling through the air.
I humbly submit the following picture as proof of this feat. o_O

6121 - 6140 of 6144 Posts