Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 6137 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
BW, this is NOT true. It is just a joke by people who own bikes with boring colours like black, silver, red and blue.

Colour has absolutely nothing to do with top speed or power in the real world.

Boring?!?! LOL what's more boring than grey? isn't that the sponsored color for boredom?

My red is HOT

aside from that, you're right

·
Registered
135 Posts
Iron Nail Grey (two tone)

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
Iron nail Grey! Yeah, right!
Now there's ya an exciting color! Woooo Boy!:clap:

Hey Nutter, have you considered putting some of those colored tassle thingys on you bar ends? Might match that color quite nicely.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I heard strange thing here :
Black color is the FASTER !!!!!!! i thought it was a joke but seems its true , i am not into physics issues much ..... but ..can anybody please tell me how can a color lower the top speed of a machine ??????:eek: :huh:
Good Question warrior, allow me to explain:

All the blackbirds start black, hence the name blackbird. The faster they go the color starts to change. The black turns to blue, then red, to nail gray(WTF!), then, if lucky enough, you get to the finial color of Silver which means you have the fastest bike. :D

·
Registered
357 Posts

All the blackbirds start black, hence the name blackbird. The faster they go the color starts to change. The black turns to blue, then red, to nail gray(WTF!), then, if lucky enough, you get to the finial color of Silver which means you have the fastest bike. :D
:plus1: :smilebig:

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

:thumb:

·
Registered
33 Posts
The pigment in the color black absorbs the energy from the sun helping to propel it even farther ahead of the pact. If you're gonna run another color BB be sure to run them during the day if you wanna rule the other colors :evilaugh:

·
Registered
143 Posts

:plus1: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

·
Registered
321 Posts
Actually the faster the bike goes, the more heat is generated, and the redder the bike gets. The red birds are the fastest because they don't need to wait for the heat. They are red hot right out of the gate.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Actually the faster the bike goes, the more heat is generated, and the redder the bike gets. The red birds are the fastest because they don't need to wait for the heat. They are red hot right out of the gate.

Actually all blackbirds are the same color, but as their speeds increase, their percieved color changes...

very slow bikes have a violet color, because the light coming off the bike relative to the speed of the bikes is very fast...

as the bike speeds up, the frequency of the light has to change, because it cannot increase in speed (sort of a light doppler effect)

as they increase in speed, they go from ultraviolet(black) to violet, to indigo, to blue, to green, to yellow, to orange, to red, to infrared, you don't see infrared bikes, because your eyes can't adjust to recieve it...

·
Registered
446 Posts
basically my answer is that the speed affects the color, not the other way around...

·
Registered
150 Posts

the above theory isn't exactly right ... although based on the truth that all bikes start off black, creative liberty is taken when he (I refure to call another guy "Sweetruss") starts talking about the bike changing color "the faster they go"
In reality .... all the bikes start off black (for economic reasons) ... for marketing reasons the additional colors are added (got to attract the female buyers too :eyebrows: ) on top of the black base coat. the reason the black bikes are fastest is because they don't have all that extra weight!

blue = +5lbs
red = +7lbs
nail grey = +10lbs (actual iron content)
silver = +8.5lbs

Hope this helps....

P.S., my bike is black
:bowtome:

1 - 20 of 6137 Posts