Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My '97 was stolen and recovered a week later. The bastard burned out a perfectly serviceable rear tire, trashed all locks with a screwdriver he conveniently left in the tail compartment and crashed the bike into a sheriff's cruiser (how it was recovered). The thing is that all the fairings are shot.
So I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with those fairings selling for $319 + $225 shipping from Hong Kong - or any other ideas?
Thanks in advance!

·
Rules are meant to be broken
2,848 Posts
First,sorry to hear about your tragedy,cos it is one,i also had a bike stolen and recovered there was not much left of it
second :welcome: to the forum
third, to answer your question, i'd be careful with all the crap fairings they sell from HK some are good but most of them are crap.I'd like to suggest you moto777 i have a set of fairings waiting home to be puttin' on my bird,the finish is OK but you only get what you pay for OEM are more expensive but you'll be sure of what you'll have

here's the link for moto777, dig around and you'll find what you want
good luck:thumb:
eBay Seller: moto-777: Parts Accessories items on eBay Motors

·
Resident Eh?hole.
17,177 Posts
Wow. That sucks. No chance your insurance will kick in to - oh, never mind. I guess if you had theft insurance you wouldn't be asking that. From what I've read, the Chinese plastics are the cheapest way to go, just be prepared to fiddle with them a bit.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK Shewie and JClaude, here's the real tragedy. For a long time now; I've scanned the specs, read reviews and lurked this forum. Everything told me that the Superblackbird is my dream bike. Back in August I had business trip planned to Las Vegas, NV - and I had some cash to spare. So I checked out craigslist and found a '97 for dirt cheap (Las Vegas is REALLY feeling the economic slump). To make a long story short; I flew out, took care of business and rode 600 miles home on the next day. I got home Saturday night. Sunday I rode around town at every excuse. There was no doubt this was my dream bike. I was in love. I insured her on Monday and registered her on Tuesday after work. I went to school (I'm back in grad school) then, on a whim because I needed another Dos Equis fix, went to the movies. She wasn't there when I got out of the theater. I had shot my wad to buy the bike, so she's been just sitting. Well, I now have a little money in my pocket and I've made friends with a bike shop owner who will work with me to get my Dos Equis fixed up. The plan is to ride her as a street fighter for the winter, and if everything is OK (who knows what was done to her in the 800 abusive miles the thief put on her?) I'm going to set her back up as a sport tourer.
And thanks for your fairings advice. Oh, does anyone know if you have to deal with customs and / or pay tarrifs in the US?

·
Resident Eh?hole.
17,177 Posts
Oh, does anyone know if you have to deal with customs and / or pay tarrifs in the US?
There are a number of members who have bought them, hopefully one or more of them will chime in on this. Good luck!

P.S. The powertrains on these things are about as tough as you'll find, so you should be okay in tha respect.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts