Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Honda's new V4 MotoGP/WSBK homologation bike, the RVF1000R, is coming in 2012. See the article on page 26 of the June 2011 Motorcyclist magazine. Not that anyone should sell his bird, but some of us like to own more than one Honda. Article says likely to appear in 2012 as a limited production bike costing double the CBR1000RR. Engine will be over square and based on the VFR1200 lump. This will allow Honda to sell a V4 to privateer racers with top competitive specs - i.e., beat the S1000RR.

·
Resident Eh?hole.
17,177 Posts
Crap. Another piece of awesome I won't be able to afford.

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
I'm with eviltoast ....... munch, munch, munch ..... I mean how many balls can Honda really drop? ..... Do they know what a ball is .....

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I think that Honda has plenty more balls to drop and it knows more about designing and building motorcycles than anyone else. They build them better and the bikes go faster than anyone else's. Heck, look at all the "Superbike Smackdowns" where the Honda wins on finesse, turning fastest lap times for all riders, even when spotting the BMW 35 hp. (HArd to believe after having driven a tuned S1000rr, but here you have it 2011 Superbike Smackdown VIII Track - Motorcycle USA ). Quality, well, go look at a new Ducati and see the fishscale paint on the tank. There's a red 1198 sitting next to my bike right now in the public garage. The new Diavel already has people complaining about body panels that don't fit and electrical pieces (eg, horn, start buttons) that don't work. My seven y/o cbrxx feels newer and will last longer than my friends' new bikes. And Honda has made fantastic bikes over the last 20 years, the '93 cbr900rr (weighing 183 kg!), the Interceptors, on and on. Sure, there were the RC30 and RC45, and there even more outandish constructions (production bikes) like the NR, a V-4 oval-piston 32-valve 750cc road bike that sold for US50,000 new (oval piston 32 valve V4 would have the induction and exhaust properties of a V8 and still satisfy 4 cylinder rule). So I think I'm gogint to wait for the RVF1000R. My bird will be happy sitting next to one, so I'll hold on to my green, keep massaging my Blackbird with upgrades and wait for the V4.

·
Premium Member
6,010 Posts
i just wish I had the ability and the balls to use the blackbird to its fullest...

Sadly i dont, so a newer smokin hot bike isnt going to do anything for me but drain my bank balance

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
i just wish I had the ability and the balls to use the blackbird to its fullest...

Sadly i dont, so a newer smokin hot bike isnt going to do anything for me but drain my bank balance
:D my thoughts too, maybe when I was younger perhaps..........before I got married and had kids and got fat (ish) and started to groan getting in and out of a chair and........sigh, where did it all go wrong?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts