Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
548 Posts
hi, need some help. buddy of mine has picked up a couple of Givi V46s for use as sidecases and a wingrack II 140 for use on my '05 XX. i understand that fitting the wingrack requires a special fitment kit no. Y158. Any idea where i can pick this up in Hong Kong or Singapore? If not, anywhere else in the world. I need to get it down to India.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Nice pics, Conqsoft!
Does anyone have hard cases that are not GIVI's?
I think Honda has them for the Euro market, anyone have experiance with them?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Great website and excellent photos Conqsoft!

It's really good to find a independant site with 'real life' photos of kit on our blackbirds! :)

This is the exact setup that i am considering in readiness for a long ride round Europe this summer.

Did you fit the e41 and e52 using the Wingrack II?

Just how much gear can you get into all this luggage and does it affect performance and handling at all?

I heard the e41's can stick out a bit, it doesn't look like this from your photos have you had any problems with them?

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks! Yes, I love this setup. It gives me 134 liters of weatherproof, lockable storage. The only way to get more would be to use three E52's I guess. :D (You can use the E52's as side cases also if you choose, since they are all interchangeable.)

It is a WingRack II, without the Givi rear signals. I shortened my stock rear signals so that they would fit with the WingRack in place.

No problems so far, with either of my sets.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I first saw the e45's at my local Givi stockist, but they remind me of bulky old camcorder cases if you know what i mean! ;-)

I liked the capacity, but wasn't keen on the bulkiness of them and then i saw the e41! :)

I must admit, i'm not keen having to replace my stock indicators, whats the main reason you chose to use shorter ones, do the wingrack II indicators stick out and look a little silly when the rack doesn't have any of the luggage in place?

Have you purchased or seen a top rack in place for the e52?

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The stock signals won't fit with the WingRack because they stick out too much. You can take the stock signals, remove part of the stock "stalk", and reattach them. Still looks stock, and they fit under the WingRack.

The Givi signals do stick out a bit, plus you have to do the wiring, and for the times I run without the WingRack installed I would have to re-install the stock signals. So it was easier for me to just shorten the stock signals and leave them in place all the time.

Yes, I had the top rack on my previous E52 (not pictured). Worked well and was easy to install.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Thanks for the replies :smilebig:

I must admit i'm no mechanic and i'm not too patient when it comes to fitting stuff like this.

Would you say its pretty easy to fit a Wingrack II and how long does it take?

My Givi stockist have quoted £52 GBP to fit it to my 97 blackbird, but i'd rather spend that on extras if its easy to fit? They say it takes around 2.5 hours?...

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If you've never done it before, it might take you an hour or so. That includes assembling the rack and installing it. That doesn't include any wiring though.

Once you get it on there, you can remove it all as one piece if you ever have the need. I can switch it on/off in about 15 minutes now because I'm used to it.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts