Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
In order for the corbin to be real comfortable you really need to do a ride in and have it made to your liking........aka...........ass!

I like the G/L better fit wise than the smuggler but use the storage compartment alot and like the look better with the solo. I had the GL made alittle flatter for 2up riding and the smuggler rounded for transitioning.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I love my new G&L. I was considering making the Buell mod as well as some type of riser, but the difference just going from the stock seat to the Corbin has been amazing. I fit the bird much better now.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I'm kinda long in the legs with a 34 inseam and had corbin raise the seats an inch on both of the saddles. The riding position is much more comfortable for me now. Good enough to ride a good 6-10 hrs and still mow the lawn when I get home!

·
Registered
17 Posts
In order for the corbin to be real comfortable you really need to do a ride in and have it made to your liking........aka...........ass!

I like the G/L better fit wise than the smuggler but use the storage compartment alot and like the look better with the solo. I had the GL made alittle flatter for 2up riding and the smuggler rounded for transitioning.
Interesting, I'm just the opposite. My smuggler is off the shelf but don't know about the G/L cause it came with the bike. The G/L seems to want to suck me back but I can sit anywhere on the Smuggler.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I bought Porter123's Corbin, Gunfighter and Lady, I miss the 1 inch ride height for leg room. DaveXX01 has the foot peg, one inch lowering modification in fabrication works, for us. I need that one inch back for leg room.

I still need to make up my mind, about how much I am going to like this Corbin Seat. I haven't given enough ride time to become adjusted to it yet. This is a hard seat. I might need Heli Bars to adjust the ride bar height also. I do like the lower center of gravity the bike has. Given time and the leg room given back, I would be able to ride more miles on trips.

·
Registered
10 Posts

Is this a mod that can be done by a local shop?

Tim

·
Registered
304 Posts
Is this a mod that can be done by a local shop?

Tim

Tim, on a "ride in" at Corbin. You actually ride to the plant, they take your order, feed you breakfast, before the seat is completed, you test ride the bike with the new seat and they adjust it to whatever your liking is. Its all done at the Corbin factory. They have one in Hollister, Ca and one in Daytona Beach, Fl.

I would imagine a good upholstery shop could do it, but Corbin specializes in motorcycle seats and does it right! They have a lifetime, 1 time adjustment policy and will rebuild the seat to your liking.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts