Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Cong
Is that tail light the LED one from Clear alternatives? How is the visibility compared to stock? Can people see it well from behind? Thanks WantXX

·
Registered
57 Posts
Sorry
I saw after I replied that you removed them and went to stock for better visibility. I really like the look of the clear but have no desire to get rear ended by someone not paying attention.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
I will throw in my .02

The standard LED taillight has two round 45 LED clusters inside for the lighting. The LED's are very directional so it gives off plenty of visiblilty from the rear, but almost none from either side. Drivers directly behind you will have no problem seeing your tailend light up but when in an ajoining lane the visibility is reduced significantly.

A big improvement to the taillight was when Clr. Alt. developed the LED taillight with integrated signals. The new design is a larger flat board with over 125 LED's that cover the whole taillight on the inside. It is a much improvement but unfortunately also a much higher cost as well.

Check out the pictures of the taillights on their website at Clear Motorcycle Taillights for Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki, Yamaha and others by Clear Alternatives

1 - 6 of 6 Posts