Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, my name is marty and I have a 2000 blackbird. on the way home after an long ride in the heat I dropped my bike, it was at standstill and due to a complete lack of attention. The key was in and bike was running but cut out as expected, I stood the bike up slapped myself about the face and then after calming myself down I started the bike and rode the rest of the journey home ok. next morning I pull the bike out to ride to work and the bike turns over but wont start, the HISS light on the dash is not lighting and the fuel is not priming? there was no damage from the fall as most of the weight was taken by me and it was literally laid down gently, I have checked the tilt sensor and it still works (in that I turn it 90 degrees and hear a click). I am now not sure what to do, any help would be welcomed...though I don't need telling what an idiot I am for laying the bike down as I already know that...Just took the connectors off the Regulator Rectifier and the middle one has melted, this is the second time this has happened, any ideas?

·
Registered
14,013 Posts
I won't call you an idiot for laying your bike down after a long ride in the heat. I did it years ago at an intersection at a light. Not paying attention, blazing hot day, not drinking enough water, too long in the saddle. Guy behind me got out of his truck and helped me pick her up. I beat myself up for a month after that. She did however start and run ok. If wires are melted on the rnr then that's a problem that needs to be dealt with. Fear not, the experts will be here shortly.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies,

The kill switch appears to be working, it won't turn over with it off and will with it on, but the HISS light still not coming on and fuel not priming. A new R/R turned up yesterday but the connector on the bike is fried, i did try and connect it to see if the HISS would light but nothing. I don't know if there is a way of circumnavigating the HISS, i don't have a spare key to try either as bike only came with one key...
I have been demoted to riding a CBF 125 to work at the moment and its killing me...i look more of an idiot riding that than i did dropping the CBR last week...

·
Registered
92 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,834 Posts
Have you checked the ECM connections the connections below the ignition barrel and the 2 main fuses?
Have you got a new connector? If not I've got a few here, I hard wire my connections now having suffered similar issues in the past.
Where in Wilts are you, I'm probably just down the road from you, I'm in Bath.

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Tilt sensor stuck, I know you've done the click test but have you tried the ignition on and then tilt it a few times?

Unplug everything and leave it a while to reset? ... just a thought.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Guys!

I've the same problem. After cleaning the ground loom I put all ground wire into one, the White/Green wire too, after that I burnt the fuse from Horn, turn etc. When I recognized and fixed all White/Green wires separetly and try to run the engine, HISS wont come, also fule pump doesnt start, relay it's good. I think i fried the ECU, anyone fixed the fried ecu? Or someone have a diagram od Ecu? Maybe I will try to find burnt part? I'm very sad, I bought this bike 2 months ago...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts