Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got the go ahead from my financial controller to splash out on a HID projector light kit from Retrofit Labs, ordered the kit immediately before she could change her mind...
I have found the bird lights to be a little underwhelming compared to my 1000F twin headlights and to be honest I much prefer to see where the hell I'm going at night!
Just inquiring if anyone else has fitted one of these kits before to an existing headlamp and if there are any pitfalls to watch out for?

·
Super Moderator
8,146 Posts
Ade
How does the projector fair compared to a good HID or LED
I like the large spread pattern of both options I run. An both throw plenty of light down range as well. My current setup lights up an 1/8 of mile down road easily.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
One of the reasons I have gone with projectors is the very distinct cut off pattern, these lights will be bright so dont want to be blinding other people on the road.
Here in Western Australia we dont have annual inspections, you only get inspected if the police issue you with a yellow sticker so keeping it sensible is the way to go.
I would be thinking UK MOT testers should be concerned whether the beam adjustment complies, that being said there is alway individual interpretation of the rules. Putting HID or LED bulbs into a reflector will generally scatter light more and dazzle other people on the road as the beam focus will vary between bulbs, this is what will attract unwanted attention from law enforcement and would definately cause an MOT fail.
Still waiting for my kit to arrive.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts